What ever happened to?

tiger_rick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

92 Piper had the IC title match and was in the rumble. 

Shit that's right.  Because he was already scheduled to take part in the Rumble match before he replaced Bret in that IC title match.  I stand corrected.

Shit that's right. Because he was already scheduled to take part in the Rumble match before he replaced Bret in that IC title match. I stand corrected.

Bam Bam, Tatanka, Owen and Bret all pulled double duty at Royal Rumble 94 also

• Paid Members

On the topic of maven I'm sure it turned out he was in arrears on a storage unit and it was sold on along with his tough enough trophy and associated wrestling wank to some random.

Edit: Yeah, the guy bought the lock up for $100 and did look to return the trophy. When maven didn't respond he sold it on ebay for $600!

• Paid Members

Kenny Dyktra of the Spirit Squad worked Dragon Gate USA or EVOLVE's first show, I forget which, but then vanished and was never mentioned again.

Rene Dupree won the Southside Heavyweight Championship in this country in (I want to say) 2013, but never came back to defend it. I'm off to check what year it was. EDIT: It was 2012.

There's a thought... if Owens gets an IC shot at Ambrose at the Rumble and ends up in the Rumble match as well, he'll repeat the Piper gimmick of having the chance to scoop up both belts in the same night. 

Carry on.

Rene Dupree won the Southside Heavyweight Championship in this country in (I want to say) 2013, but never came back to defend it. I'm off to check what year it was. EDIT: It was 2012.

Dupree had apparently arranged to tour the UK, as he had done a few times previously, but for some reason decided to bugger off home after a few days, taking the title with him. He has subsequently posted on his Facebook page that he 'hated' his time in the UK.

Royal Rumble 2000 had many who did double duty. Chris Jericho, Bob Holly, Chyna, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg

Yeah but I said until '97.

HHH and Drose pulled double duty in 1996 I think too. Although their match was on the Free for all.

Archived