What ever happened to?

tiger_rick

Rene Dupree won the Southside Heavyweight Championship in this country in (I want to say) 2013, but never came back to defend it. I'm off to check what year it was. EDIT: It was 2012.

Dupree had apparently arranged to tour the UK, as he had done a few times previously, but for some reason decided to bugger off home after a few days, taking the title with him. He has subsequently posted on his Facebook page that he 'hated' his time in the UK.

I recall seeing Dupree over here for (I think) IPW-UK. The boring turd didn't even do his trademark "Ridiculous French Dance". Why bother even turning up if we don't get that? Obviously that's all anyone who might have remembered him wanted to see. What else was there? The poodle? Some really shit tattoos?

Waste of time.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rene Dupree won the Southside Heavyweight Championship in this country in (I want to say) 2013, but never came back to defend it. I'm off to check what year it was. EDIT: It was 2012.

Dupree had apparently arranged to tour the UK, as he had done a few times previously, but for some reason decided to bugger off home after a few days, taking the title with him. He has subsequently posted on his Facebook page that he 'hated' his time in the UK.

I recall seeing Dupree over here for (I think) IPW-UK. The boring turd didn't even do his trademark "Ridiculous French Dance". Why bother even turning up if we don't get that? Obviously that's all anyone who might have remembered him wanted to see. What else was there? The poodle? Some really shit tattoos?

Waste of time.

Surely if you book someone like that to come over to your promotion as a "former wwe/tna/ecw star"

Then your quite within your rights to say during the match could we see x,y,z.

As long as its not rediculous demands that i don't see why not

I was there for duprees ipwuk match. He wrestled Terry Frazier and clearly gave him nothing. You could feel the negativity coming off him.

Rodriguez has opened his own wrestling school.

Dykstra still appears on the indies mainly PWS.

And Kevin Thorn tries to get booked on Twitter he's had interactions with Travis over their feud in 1pw and is trying to get booked on a tour here. Probs be over at some point this year.

• Paid Members

I remember at one point there being reports that Dupree was asked by management to stop doing the French Tickler, because it looked like there was a possibility it might get him over, and they wanted to keep him heel.

Ricardo Rodriguez did some work over here for northern based promotion PCW and was an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to talk too .... I was watching an old NXT taping earlier from 94 and he was on it under a mask as ElLocal as half of an early version of Lucha Dragons with Kalisto before Sin cara 

Royal Rumble 2000 had many who did double duty. Chris Jericho, Bob Holly, Chyna, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg

That was a bit of a unusual one though.

On the run up to the event thr name you mentioned weren't scheduled for the rumble match itself. In fact that particular Rumble was looking to be one of the poorest line ups of all time.

Then on the day of the show they switch a large proportion of the jobbers with guys who had wrestled earlier in the show.

• Paid Members

Ricardo Rodriguez did some work over here for northern based promotion PCW and was an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to talk too .... I was watching an old NXT taping earlier from 94 and he was on it under a mask as ElLocal as half of an early version of Lucha Dragons with Kalisto before Sin cara

?

• Paid Members

He was Aguila in WWF before he became Essa Rios wasn't he?

I really liked him. I've never been massive on cruiserweight/junior wrestling but at the time it was a breathe of fresh air in the WWF. They just never really committed to it as we all know.

Archived