WWE.com's 50 worst ring names

HarmonicGenerator

Where did the one name phase start?! I know there was a few in the past but it seems the lastfew years WWE have gone mental with it.

Rusev, Cesaro and Neville sound a lot better with there first names. All the big stars of the past have 2 names - Goldberg probably the only exception but even he was called Bill Goldberg a a fair bit.

As above it does concern me we'll have Balor vs Zayn headlining in years to come

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

To be held in Helsinki, of course.

Very good

Neville is a horrific name. Adrian Neville wasn't exactly great, but you could live with it. I actually cringe whenever they announce Neville. It's just a really shit unfashionable first name, isn't it? It's like calling him Colin. The Man That Gravity Forgot, Colin. Colin Wanker.

I was playing WWE 2K16 earlier, and the wife said he looked a roidy Mr Tumnus.

We then started playing a game where she said the first that came to mind when she saw each characters picture. I was disappointed that Batista wasn't identified as Drax, but rather was "Chiseled Phil Mitchell", Santino was "Karl Pilkington...but happy" and Brock Lesnar was "bare-knuckle fighting gypsy"

• Moderators

To be held in Helsinki, of course.

Very good

Neville is a horrific name. Adrian Neville wasn't exactly great, but you could live with it. I actually cringe whenever they announce Neville. It's just a really shit unfashionable first name, isn't it? It's like calling him Colin. The Man That Gravity Forgot, Colin. Colin Wanker.

Yeah, when I heard it I had to assume that it didn't have the same connotations of lameness over there because it's not a common name. Colin would be worse because Americans can't even pronounce it properly.

It was ages before I saw it written down and realised the guy wasn't called 'Colon Powell'.

• Paid Members

Kung Fu Naki was awesome! I can understand why you mentioned it, but I loved it. The gimmick didn't really outstay its welcome either, unlike Santino's cobra gimmick.

What's wrong with Zeb Colter? I think it's a decent name.

• Paid Members

Always thought Test had a naff ring name. Probably moreso that I was at school at the time he was first in WWF and associated the name with exam tests.

I still don't understand what they were going for with "Test." It's neither an actual name nor cool enough a word to make a good nickname.

Kung Fu Naki was awesome! I can understand why you mentioned it, but I loved it. The gimmick didn't really outstay its welcome either, unlike Santino's cobra gimmick.

What's wrong with Zeb Colter? I think it's a decent name.

Kung Fu Naki the gimmick made me chuckle... but the name was horrendous even for comedy purposes.

And Zeb Colter sounds like a name for a dragon humping spotty-faced 14 year old boy's avatar name on World of Warcraft or something

Archived