WWE.com's 50 worst ring names

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Always thought Test had a naff ring name. Probably moreso that I was at school at the time he was first in WWF and associated the name with exam tests.

I still don't understand what they were going for with "Test." It's neither an actual name nor cool enough a word to make a good nickname.

Was the "this is a test" theme his original one? Maybe they thought it sounded cool in the tune.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Always thought Test had a naff ring name. Probably moreso that I was at school at the time he was first in WWF and associated the name with exam tests.

I still don't understand what they were going for with "Test." It's neither an actual name nor cool enough a word to make a good nickname.

Short for "Testosterone" according to someone's biography (I forget whose. Possibly Edge's).

Weren't they trying to portray him as a former bodyguard / mic tester / roadie for some metal band?

• Paid Members

Weren't they trying to portray him as a former bodyguard / mic tester / roadie for some metal band?

Motley Crue, if memory serves.

Test was a roadie/ bouncer. When motley crüe played they did a fake run in, and he sorted them out. His name coming from you had to pass the "test" to get through him to get to the band, then later the mcmahons

• Paid Members

His name coming from you had to pass the "test" to get through him to get to the band, then later the mcmahons

....... Yeah. That's a bit shit, isn't it?

• Paid Members

Lucky Cannon was absolute toilet, as were The Dicks. 

Have to agree with whomever it was who said the 1-2-3 Kid. Loved the Kid as a wrestler, but always hated that name. X-Pac was a massive improvement.

• Paid Members

It felt like it to me, but I can see why others might feel differently. It didn't make a blind bit of sense, but it sounded like a gang nickname, and he was in a "gang" at the time. 

The 1-2-3 Kid just sounded shit because it felt overly long, I've never been big on numbers in wrestling names, plus everybody has to score a 1-2-3 in wrestling at some point, so what's so different about him that getting the 3-count makes him special? Not to mention that it sounds like a cowboy name and he looked like anything but. It just didn't seem to suit him at all - the only criticism I had of an otherwise stellar talent.

Archived