Jump The Shark Moments

Liam O'Rourke

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Back on subject, there are two moments for me. The first is when they did the Looney Tunes tribute with Hornswaggle going through the drawing of a tunnel and Carlito hitting the wall and another where Vince saw his granddaughter and they shot it from the babies point of view. Both moments just completely fucking sucked and made no sense within the context and world of wrestling that WWE had spent years (for better or worse) creating. Neither were funny and I doubt there was anyone who watched them and enjoyed it.

• Paid Members

Back on subject, there are two moments for me. The first is when they did the Looney Tunes tribute with Hornswaggle going through the drawing of a tunnel and Carlito hitting the wall and another where Vince saw his granddaughter and they shot it from the babies point of view. Both moments just completely fucking sucked and made no sense within the context and world of wrestling that WWE had spent years (for better or worse) creating. Neither were funny and I doubt there was anyone who watched them and enjoyed it.

I take it you didn't see it when HHH and HBK went to the magic dwarf land under the ring?

• Paid Members

I take it you didn't see it when HHH and HBK went to the magic dwarf land under the ring?

Thankfully not. Never heard of that til now.

• Paid Members

Listened to the pod last night. Thought it was a fascinating show with lots of great shouts and discussion of many different companies. Lots of fun jumping about from moment to moment with many being utterly mental.

I really enjoy hearing the posts read out from here. Some great people on here who know their shit and the posts sound even better when Paige, I mean Dick van Dyke, I mean Liam reads them out.

Fingerpoke of doom was a fine shout. It wasn't the end for watching WCW because in fairness, their car crash TV a year and a half later was must watch - albeit through your fingers. However, that was the moment WCW jumped off a cliff and everything that came after it was the journey down.

Shout out to Carl's summary of December to Dismember. "ECW was already dead, they were just pissing on the corpse at that point".

• Paid Members

A bit late, but did anyone else think the nWo's attempted murder of The Rock in an ambulance with a juggernaut would have fitted into this category?

To channel my inner Karl... I'd say the bloom was off the rose by then.

Two fingers in the SCG drinking game for that, I'd say. "Speaks to" is definitely one finger. Chase dropping an F-bomb, drink.

• Paid Members

It's a great show thouhgh, I let them off.

Hahaha, my suggestions weren't criticisms, but celebrations!

I mean, it wouldn't be as much fun as the Dean Malenko drinking game from 97, but still.

• Paid Members

A bit late, but did anyone else think the nWo's attempted murder of The Rock in an ambulance with a juggernaut would have fitted into this category?

I don't think it really counts if the rest of what's going on is so great that the fans choose to ignore the crap bit. It's just like the thankfully-forgotten "Debra McMichael in Rock's corner at WrestleMania X-Seven" storyline.

Archived