Jump The Shark Moments

Liam O'Rourke

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He didn't dress it up in any way thiugh, it was fairly obvious he just doesn't like you.

He doesn't know me - never met me. So all that's obvious here is that he just can't take criticism, so he got personal. But because he has a load of fanboys nuthugging him, it seems to get overlooked that he came on here first & got personal, for no other reason than the fact I posted in this thread.

Summary:

* I criticise a character & gimmick I don't like - say it's not for me. Simple. 

* He waits a few weeks for some ammo to respond with - then comes back with a personal insult as well.

* I respond back with a personal insult.

* Fanboys call me a cunt, forgetting who started it & who got personal first. 

• Paid Members

I got the feeling he called you a cunt because you were unapologetic in your use of archaic and insulting language, but I might be wrong.

As for Grado, is his defence of being popular any different of your defence of TWC not being rubbish because you sold it? Everything is subjective, including popularity and money made from that popularity, yes?

• Paid Members

He didn't dress it up in any way thiugh, it was fairly obvious he just doesn't like you.

Summary:

* I criticise a character & gimmick I don't like - say it's not for me. Simple. 

* He waits a few weeks for some ammo to respond with - then comes back with a personal insult as well.

* I respond back with a personal insult.

* Fanboys call me a cunt, forgetting who started it & who got personal first. 

Yep, that sounds about right

• Paid Members

I got the feeling he called you a cunt because you were unapologetic in your use of archaic and insulting language, but I might be wrong.

Except for the apology I posted a few mins later?

As for Grado, is his defence of being popular any different of your defence of TWC not being rubbish because you sold it? Everything is subjective, including popularity and money made from that popularity, yes?

Yes, it's different. He's entitled to not like the channel (where he called it rubbish - that's fine - it was a bit rubbish), just like I'm entitled to not like his gimmick. That's the subjective part. But his other criticism (the only one I was responding to) was that it went out of business & was a failure - which is not true. The same way I never called Grado a failure - I even commended him for drawing some of that big ICW crowd. Numbers don't lie - and I gave him credit for his numbers & know he's popular. I just said it's not for me, which he seemed to take to heart and let simmer in his mind for weeks until he had ammo for a retort.

WTF is it with indie wrestlers personally responding to criticisms? What year is this? It's like a cliche now.

That's the one

As for being a fanboy, I only watch WWE, I've never been to a live show and have never watched Grado wrestle, so no not a fanboy, I have watched (and enjoyed) some of his entrances on Youtube though

• Paid Members

That's the one

As for being a fanboy, I only watch WWE, I've never been to a live show and have never watched Grado wrestle, so no not a fanboy, I have watched (and enjoyed) some of his entrances on Youtube though

Then I apologise again for using that word. I did post an apology a few mins later. And yes, it was cunty of me.

https://ukff.com/topic/136706-jump-the-shark-moments/?p=2960788(keep in mind time difference of forum clock - my apology was an hour earlier than it says)

But my Grado points & responses are all valid & I feel appropriate.

• Paid Members

Sweet Christmas this conversation is boring.

Isn't it? Derailed by a wrestler who can't handle criticism.

You were wrong. You can't claim it's "Jumped the shark" when it clearly hasn't. His response was proof and appropriate. The dig about TWC was uneccessary.

• Paid Members

Sweet Christmas this conversation is boring.

Isn't it? Derailed by a wrestler who can't handle criticism.

You were wrong. You can't claim it's "Jumped the shark" when it clearly hasn't. 

Do you know what the original question was? 

"The question of course, is what moment was the straw that broke the camel's back that made you...."

See the word "you"? That's means he's asking about personal & subjective opinions from individuals. It doesn't say "everyone, unanimously in agreement". Fucks sake. Get with it. Your logic would make every single post ITT invalid. I'm entitled to be tired of the Grado gimmick without my opinion becoming an argument. Something subjective can't be proven wrong.

Me: "I personally don't like this"

Tiger Rick: "Well you're wrong, because lots of other people do, so nah!"

Jumping the shark is a matter of opinion - it doesn't necessarily mean it's a failure. I never said he was a failure. Sorry you can't discern between the 2.

Archived