Jump The Shark Moments

Liam O'Rourke

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Some size of Shark, Herbie

If only us cunts were around a few years earlier maybe your rotten channel would have survived ma man

EDIT - agreed I was shit on boot camp right enough

Yeah, imagine if wrestling was subjective & I was just expressing my opinion. All you're essentially saying here is "Justin Beiber can't be shit because he sells lots of albums." I grew tired of your schtick after a few episodes of Boot Camp - is that a problem for you to deal with? It must be a sore point if you were waiting weeks to reply to me (waiting for this show to happen obviously, just so you could post a clip showing me how over you are) & you even remembered my post from page 1 of this thread. Maybe your gimmick isn't for everyone - ever thought of that? Lots of people like you and lots don't - deal with it.

Very impressive crowd though - well done ICW & well done Mark Dallas. And well done Grado for clearly being part of the reason too - credit where it's due - I know you are popular & drew a lot of that crowd. But drawing a big crowd does not suddenly make me wrong about my own fucking opinion. I find you about as funny as an episode of Time Gentlemen Please or Mrs Brown Boys. But they still have their audience, don't they? Mainly simpletons & spackers, but someone watches right? You get my point.

And what channel are you referring to that didn't survive? Wasn't one of mine - I sold mine to The Fight Network for almost a million quid at the end of 2007. You might be confusing me with their incompetent asses - they ran it out of business in less than a year - but it was theirs to kill. Cool dig though: "That thing you started from nothing with no qualifications, and then sold for a heap of cash was a total failure, lol!1" 

Growing tired of something isn't the same as jumping the shark. Jumping the shark is when something or someone does something specific that means you're no longer able to believe in them or become invested in what they're doing. Granted I can see how they're similar but there's a definite distinction.

• Paid Members

Growing tired of something isn't the same as jumping the shark. Jumping the shark is when something or someone does something specific that means you're no longer able to believe in them or become invested in what they're doing. Granted I can see how they're similar but there's a definite distinction.

And episode 2 of British Boot camp is where Grado jumped the shark for me & I switched off the show and never watched it again.

• Paid Members

Spackers.

Whats next Herbie?

Mong?

Joey?

I like the word spackers though. Someone called me one a few months ago and I hadn't heard it in years, so I started using it again. I find it describes Mrs Browns Boys viewers well though. What's a joey?

Edit: anyway - sorry if I offended you or anything - just messing around.

And episode 2 of British Boot camp is where Grado jumped the shark for me & I switched off the show and never watched it again.

What did he do on that episode that meant he had jumped the shark?

• Paid Members

Spackers.

Whats next Herbie?

Mong?

Joey?

I like the word spackers though. Someone called me one a few months ago and I hadn't heard it in years, so I started using it again. I find it describes Mrs Browns Boys viewers well though. What's a joey?

Another outdated insult from the 80's. Surprised you didn't know it to be honest.

• Paid Members

What did he do on that episode that meant he had jumped the shark?

Tried to pull a tough face at Al Snow after Al called him a joker & a goof. It was just stupid - he's not mean - he is a joke character. They tried to do a "oh look - he means business - he's not just a joke!" moment. I just didn't buy it & couldn't suspend my disbelief at the gimmick anymore. It didn't fit. Adrian Street minced around wearing make-up, but when he showed his mean streak he was a vicious badass - I was sold on it. But Grado just looked stupid when he tried to look hard - like a baby pouting. So I didn't watch the show after that because the whole thing was stupid. The whole show was stupid to be honest, and may not have done him justice.

Dave Mastiff was brilliant though.

Is this really such a big deal? It's just my opinion & the first thing I thought of when this thread was started.

Joey is another insult along the lines of mong, spacker etc. Joey Deacon was a disabled man who went on Blue Peter back when kids still watched TV, and imitating him was popular in playgrounds.

It actually happened in 1981 so I didn't have a clue what its genesis was when I was hearing it in the mid to late nineties, and I thought it was a reference to Joey from Friends being really thick. Though it always seemed to be used as a synonym of lackey/slave whenever it was used in my school.

• Paid Members

Joey is another insult along the lines of mong, spacker etc. Joey Deacon was a disabled man who went on Blue Peter back when kids still watched TV, and imitating him was popular in playgrounds.

It actually happened in 1981 so I didn't have a clue what its genesis was when I was hearing it in the mid to late nineties, and I thought it was a reference to Joey from Friends being really thick. Though it always seemed to be used as a synonym of lackey/slave whenever it was used in my school.

Makes sense. Ever heard of a Corky or a Christy? They were popular around the same time as spacker & spastic (spa). Or a Grado - that'll probably be one in playgrounds in a few years.

• Paid Members

Choose any insult you want, at least some 'spacker' would actually know what jumping the shark means, you useless cunt

You seem to have missed the post where I described the exact moment that Grado & British Boot Camp jumped the shark for me. 

And why are you calling me a cunt? Are you some sort of grado fanboy and my opinion annoys you? You seem to be getting very personal over me not liking a certain wrestler - that's a bit of a weird reaction for an unbiased observer such as yourself, isn't it?

Choose any insult you want, at least some 'spacker' would actually know what jumping the shark means, you useless cunt

You seem to have missed the post where I described the exact moment that Grado & British Boot Camp jumped the shark for me.

I didn't and it makes sense if you put it like that although it's hard to take you seriously when you follow up with personal insults on a character. That makes it seem like you just don't like them.

• Paid Members

I didn't and it makes sense if you put it like that although it's hard to take you seriously when you follow up with personal insults on a character. That makes it seem like you just don't like them.

He's the one that came on here with a personal attack. Did you conveniently overlook that part? On Page 1, I just said I didn't like the gimmick & that for me it had jumped the shark - simple. I took it no further. Then a few weeks later he comes on here & gets personal - so when I get personal back, I'm suddenly a "cunt" for defending myself. Did I slag him off unprovoked? No. Did I respond to a personal attack. Yes. 

Archived