Roddy Piper is dead

Astro Hollywood

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Piper movies, I remember watching this one movie with him where he reluctantly teamed up with an Asian guy and they fought a bunch of bad guys in the jungle. I remember really enjoying said movie as a kid and now I feel like re-watching it along with a couple of other Piper movies. I don't remember what the movie was called though. Can anyone help me out with the name of the movie?

Sad news. I remember in interviews he'd say morbid stuff about "I ain't gonna be one of those guys who lives to 65" and that kind of thing, but I wasn't expecting it. It's weird, I'm not as shocked by a wrestler dying at 40. By 50 or so, I feel like they've dodged the bullet so Piper and Savage shocked me. I can't fathom Hogan or Flair dying at all, because they've been 70 since I started watching.

Love the WrestleMania 8 match, and the glasses on a face match with Keith David. I was a big fan of the Hot Rod in the early nineties. Great character, and by all accounts he lived an amazing life.

• Paid Members

Fuck this year man, its obvious as you get older you're going to notice more and more deaths of legends you grew up with through TV and Wrestling and stuff, but we're now 7 months in and this is probably the biggest year for deaths I can remember.

Piper was batshit crazy, but thats what makes wrestling great. You don't want meek and timid, you want someone that makes you believe the facade. He was that. Easily the second most over babyface WWE ever had.

I always felt you could see the real person behind Roddy Piper opposed to just seeing a character so I feel that this death cuts a little deeper. Seeing how highly thought of he was has made this a sad one.

I'd recommend giving his two parter podcast with Cabana a listen, it's from a bit earlier on this year and it's a good listen. Piper opening up about how he never had a proper home and the way he spoke about finally settling down and starting a family was heartwarming.

Fuck, that vid of him bottling himself is unmatched. Not seen much material from pre-92 as I was only born then, but anything I have seen has been a pleasure. RIP

Terrible news. Met him in Manchester last year. Best Q&A I've been to by far and the nicest celebrity I've met by miles. RIP Roddy. That's quite a talent roster they're assembling up there.

Archived