I Have Never...

JNLister

I've never got off my arse and gone to see wrestling in the States, at all.

I've been to loads of shows and spent thousands of pounds on three trips to Tokyo to see primarily G1 Climax shows at Yokohama, Korakuen and Ryogoku (and other feds) but I've just never been inclined to put some cash aside and look into organizing something in Yank. Around the time of Mania XXI myself and a couple of friends talked idly about going to a Mania "not next year because we'd need to start paying and organizing stuff now - the year after that maybe" but by the time Mania XXIII plans might have started, one wasn't into wrestling any more and the other had moved to Nip. Ever since Mania XX I promised myself I'd go to Mania XXX assuming it would be back at MSG, but that didn't materialize when they abandoned the old girl for the sensible financial reason of packing a big stadium every year. A couple of mates and I keep talking about doing SummerSlam one year so they can make it their proper annual holiday and at least promise the wives sunshine and shopping, but nothing ever happens. I'd like to do SummerSlam, a Rumble or any show at MSG, it's just getting round to it.

Are you making the trip to the G1 this year air_raid?

I mean there are probably loads for me, but mine mostly involve the fact I've never been to a show in North America or Japan and they are on the bucketlist for sure. I'm still unsure if I would like a Wrestlemania, is it not just TOO big to enjoy? I think if they start expanding Summerslam again I may be tempted by that with NXT, Axcess and such. Also would love to see a New Japan show someday.

I've never been to an ROH show either, unless PCW vs ROH counts? 

I have never watched a WCW ppv  from 1992 to 1996! I had Halloween Havoc 1991 on vhs and somehow never saw anything else until I started watching Nitro in 1996

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Are you making the trip to the G1 this year air_raid?

Sadly not. A combination of not having enough holiday days left, other Augustly commitments and not enough spare cash. As soon as I saw 3 night at Korakuen and 3 at Ryogoku I was devastated, and I can't believe for the second year in a row I'm going to miss out on Nakamura vs Okada and AJ vs Tana.

Always next year, I suppose.

• Paid Members

I've never watched either of the Taker/Michaels WrestleMania matches.

I have this weird feeling that their status has outgrown the matches so much, that I'll be disappointed that they won't live to to the hype when I watch them.

Its very rare in my experience for something like that to live up to the hype set by people who watched it at the time.

They will still be great matches, but by knowing the outcome and not being part of "that moment" it won't resonate like it did for people watching at the time, who then wax lyrical.

Its not a knock on either side, just an unfortunate observation on how some things come and go and can't be truly relived.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think you're right. For example, I'd rank Punk VS Cena (MITB) as one of my all-time favourite matches, but circumstances and the build at the time added so much to the match. Whilst I'd imagine somebody watching it for the first time would enjoy it (a LOT), I don't think they will to the extent of somebody caught up in it at the time.

Yeah, that's 100% true. The thing with the first Taker/Michaels is that a hell of a lot of drama was created by the dive to the outside. You know now he came away fine, but at the time you wondered if he was fucked. Lesnar/Cena from Extreme Rules will still be a great watch, but you know Cena came away fine. Logical thinking goes out of the window live and your imagination runs wild.

never been to a live event. no WWE, no watching 12 Brits in a rumble with pie and peas. its called having fuck all money and living in the middle of nowhere

Not really desperate to change that with WWE, but I'll go to a Brit show at some point if I see a real good looking card

• Paid Members

I've never watched a live show outside of the UK.

I've never been to a televised WWE event.

I've never watched a WCW PPV in one continuous viewing.

I've never watched a singles match with Dusty Rhodes that didn't feature Ric Flair.

I've never landed on my head from botching a hurrucanrana. ;)

• Paid Members

A few people have mentioned going too Japan. Id love to do it in theory, but I never will because I couldn't handle the language barrier and culture shock.

I'd never be able to survive, let alone enjoy it.

• Paid Members

I think I'm in the same boat as you would absolutely love it if I was tagging along with an experienced traveller. Also I don't think I could the wife the too allow me to spend the money travelling too Japan. Atleast I could take her to Miami. How much would a trip to Japan cost?

I never had my picture taken with sunny in the bed photo opportunity haha

I never watched WCW once until after the Monday night war (it looked like I'd prefer it also)

I've never been to the states or Japan to watch a card

I've never paid for a PPV on sky, when younger my mates always bought them and loads of us would go around his, these days all I watch is ROH really

• Awards Moderator

Despite having access to the Silver Vision archives for 3 years, despite having the Network offer every WWE PPV on tap, despite knowing the results of the card, I've never seen WrestleMania I.

Chyna is the only Diva I haven't wanked over. But seriously I've never watched any PPV since 2008 all the way through more than once. Between 1997-2004 I used to easily watch the full 3 hours over again but now it's just certain matches that stand out. Sometimes it's actually a chore watching them live these days.

Archived