Dusty Rhodes passes away

Callum1993

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Would it be out of the question for them to do a Raw is Dusty? He was on the books as a trainer and had been on screen this year, pretty much every development talent in the past few years worked with him as well as most the top end talent (Orton, Cena, Show) 

I realize it being the night after MITB its unlikely, but it'd be a fitting tribute for one of their most loved guys.

I also wonder where Cody will go from here? Surely they'll turn him back to normal Cody rather than the alternate reality Stardust "Cody's dead" deal he's been doing in recent months.

That is shocking, couldn't believe rest.

Rest In Peace, thanks for so many moments both in front and behind the camera. 

That is shocking, couldn't believe rest.

Rest In Peace, thanks for so many moments both in front and behind the camera. 

• Paid Members

That SummerSlam promo, from the transcript thread in Gold:

"What I call it Gene is EMOTIAAAN. This great sport and the World Wrestling Federation is built on EMOTIAAAAN. Sapphire took the moneeeeh, that's fiiiine. (pause)

I offered up my INNOCENCE to her, she paid me back in SCORN, NOW only AMERICA can give me shelter from the storm. And I am in a storm, baby. And walking out towards that cadillac and many thousands of fans were screaming "when you gonna get MAD Big Dust, when you gonna get BAD Big Dust, when you gonna get EEEEVEN Big Dust?" And Ted DiBiase, the Million Dollar Man, the man that can buy anything BUT Dusty Rhodes the American Dream, BUT the American way of life that lives in this heart! Ted DiBiase I'm getting BAD baby and I'm comin' for you! (storms off)"

Terrible news.

The Steve Austin podcast with Paul Heyman popped into my iTunes yesterday so I listened, and heard Heyman's story of how he persuaded Dusty that Austin should be in the Dangerous Alliance and clinched it by saying he was from Texas like Dusty.

SummerSlam 1989 and WrestleMania 6 are my greatest memories of Dusty. Seen criminally little of his NWA tenure.

Been offline since 3.30 this afternoon as I had to go into work for overtime, get home and flick my wifi on on my phone to be hit by the news on Twitter, my heart absolutely sank, I was a massive fan of the Dream when I was growing up and the news of his sad passing has hit me almost as hard as Warrior's did last year. There will never be another promo guy like him, he was that charismatic. Think a promo/match tribute marathon is in order once this weekend is done 

• Paid Members

Real kick in the balls.reading the news. I was at a gig when the news came through, and I was absolutely gutted. A wonderful performer, a huge influence, and easily one of the best promos ever. RIP Dusty, just dining with kings and queens for you from here on out.

• Paid Members

Holy crap. Unbelievable news. One of the greats. It will be odd to live in a world with Dusty Rhodes not kicking about.

ADDED: It's made the BBC's main news as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33104825

ADDED AGAIN: People slag off his WWF theme song, but I found it unbelievably good. A right toe-tapper.

• Paid Members

Just saw it had made BBC News website, you know a wrestling death is big when the BBC report it.

Yeah, right on the first page of news too (as of 8am today). I don't think Warrior's death ever got a mention like that.

Archived