Dusty Rhodes passes away

Callum1993

Just saw it had made BBC News website, you know a wrestling death is big when the BBC report it.

Yeah, right on the first page of news too (as of 8am today). I don't think Warrior's death ever got a mention like that.

Warriors death was quite a big story on a lot of news sites over here.

Gutted about Dusty, never thought he's looked any ill health which you normally spot with wrestlers. Had he not just lost a load of weight too?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devastating news, Dusty was way ahead of his time and had charisma beyond measure. His talent in the ring and cutting promos was incredible. A true pioneer and legend from the golden era of wrestling. His book is an excellent read and I'd recommend it to any wrestling fan, throughout the book you really he felt his passion for the wrestling business.

RIP Dusty!

• Moderators

Dusty was way ahead of his time 

Dusty was of his time, not ahead of it, as awesome as he was (and he was fucking awesome), the mid 80s is testament to that.

Rob Naylor on Observer Radio discussing his relationship with Rhodes is a truly wonderful listen. Even now, at 69, he harboured ambitions to work in the movie and music industries. Gotta love a man always striving for more, even at his age.

I read an interview with Dusty when he re-signed for WWE, maybe in the mid-2000s. In it he said his wrestling career was not over, and he'd like one last match with Ric Flair. It didn't happen, and I wish it did. It was have been so much fun. RIP

Here is my little tribute to Dusty at home now.. I hope you guys like it.

CHP-areWwAAwfbQ.jpg

I was speaking to Bill Apter yesterday a few hours later after the news broke and I used this quote as to how I feel regarding Dusty's death.

'The man who always had the right words has left us with no words at all'

Dusty was one of my favourites ever and I still can't put it into words as to how I feel but I will in a few days.

Archived