Dusty Rhodes passes away

Callum1993

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be argued his tenure in tna as a Booker was succesful also

It was his idea for the Lockdown PPVs to be all cage matches wasn't it?

From the genesis of tna

LARRY ZBYSZKO: Lockdown started as a joke. I just think it’s overdone, because cage matches don’t mean anything, or does anything mean anything unless it’s built up right. So when you have Lockdown every match is in a cage so what’s special when everything’s in a cage. The way it started was they were having a meeting when Dusty was running it for his six months and someone said something about why don’t we put this in a cage too and it was just a stupid idea that Dusty made a joke saying well hell let’s just put every match in a cage. And Dixie jumped up and said great idea I love that idea. She didn’t even know it was a joke. That’s how Lockdown came about where every match is in a cage because Dusty made a joke about it. It was a joke and now that’s their big PPV and everything’s in a cage. But you know when you break down the reality of it, why is everything in a cage?

• Paid Members

I was re-watching some of my favourite Dusty promos, and remembered this run he had where he was bringing in Dick Slater in a gorilla suit to feud with the Koloffs; it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen, not just in wrestling. Anyway, the fourth installment always has me laughing, when Dusty's brought in the "gorilla's mama", and then he comes out with what must be the most surreal declaration at 1m27s:

That line just slays me, it's just so mental.

Archived