#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Fond memories of the McDonald's ripoff they had in Malta when I was a kid, called Big Bum.

Their national soft drink, Kinnie, was one of my favourite discoveries there. They briefly released it here, but it didn't do very well.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Their national soft drink, Kinnie, was one of my favourite discoveries there. They briefly released it here, but it didn't do very well.

My old housemate used to import Kinnie because he got hooked on it on a trip to Malta. Over two years living with him and his insistent peer pressure, I went from “what is this foul poison?!” to being a fellow Kinnie enjoyer. It is very very weird but it sure did grow on me. 

Edited by JLM

• Moderators
On 5/31/2024 at 8:35 PM, FLips said:

My wife said she got some Mini-Cornettos from Lidl.

What is this? A Cornetto for ants?

IMG_9313.thumb.jpeg.8ac94914188a137d607565a6ade03bfa.jpeg

My wife picked these up once before as well. Very disappointing. The ratios are all out of whack because of the thickness of the cone.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

My dad was delighted to find out that their main beer is still Cisk. He loved that stuff, he remembered, while also remembering he's in possession of a liver transplant.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JLM said:

My old housemate used to import Kinnie because he got hooked on it on a trip to Malta. Over two years living with him and his insistent peer pressure, I went from “what is this foul poison?!” to being a fellow Kinnie enjoyer. It is very very weird but it sure did grow on me. 

I was told it was made from bitter oranges, but it's really a separate citrus fruit called chinotto (pronounced "ki-not-toe", hence "Kinnie").

San Pellegrino released one of their Tory Fantas with that flavour some years ago; almost exactly the same taste.

Edited by Carbomb

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2024 at 5:08 PM, Carbomb said:

That stuff is fucking rank. They had it in the dispensers when I went to Malta last year. I tried it in a glass after I had drunk a beer in it. Thought the beer had tainted the flavour. Tried it in a fresh glass. Nope, just as shit. Like the most bitterest ginger beer with a fruity tang. No wonder it hasn't caught on.

• Paid Members

It's an opinion divider, for sure. I love the stuff, but I can easily see why others wouldn't. 

Dunno if it would explain why it didn't do well, though. Rootbeer does well, but I've met as many people who hate it as like it.