Celebs you'd never have heard of...

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Bob Barker. I guessed from his guest host spots that he was the US equivalent of Les Dennis or something.

Wrestlemania was the first time Ive ever been able to put a face to Ronda Rousey. Id heard of her but Ive no interest in MMA so wouldnt have ever recognised her before 'mania.

Yeah, same here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe anybody would make it through their entire life without ever once encountering Poison or School's Out by Alice Cooper...

I'm prepared to accept that I might have discovered Alice Cooper at some other point in the last 25 years! 

Its funny isn't it? The WWE is basically a worldwide brand but wouldn't dream of having a major footballer on the show (which the rest of the world would know who he is if not the Americans). But they have no problem getting these lads on that no-one outside north America would have a clue who they are.

They did do one of their shots of Mourinho in the crowd at a UK Raw ages ago with his sons. Shane McMahon even mentioned him in the ring during his promo. Bit yeah I know what you mean, they'd never have a footballer actually get in the ring or build up to a big event.

They wouldn't have a footballer on the show but they're happy for JBL to moan about the Arsenal/Chelsea referee on commentary!

I love it when JBL mentions football or rugby, makes me think it is some insider comment that everyone else watching won't understand.....then I realise I'm not the only Brit watching Raw.

• Paid Members

When I saw the latest TNA news I realised I'd only ever heard of Billy Corgan because of the previous TNA rumours.

Do you not remember Corgan sitting at ringside on WWE? Or his appearance in The Simpsons?

Obviously, the answer is all the ones from stupid American sports. The only sports player I'd have any interest in them using is Kenny Powers, which was meant to happen on a Raw in 2010 but got called off. 

Some of the suggestions in the thread are ridiculous. Alice Cooper??

Its funny isn't it? The WWE is basically a worldwide brand but wouldn't dream of having a major footballer on the show (which the rest of the world would know who he is if not the Americans). But they have no problem getting these lads on that no-one outside north America would have a clue who they are.

They did do one of their shots of Mourinho in the crowd at a UK Raw ages ago with his sons. Shane McMahon even mentioned him in the ring during his promo. Bit yeah I know what you mean, they'd never have a footballer actually get in the ring or build up to a big event.

Nor should they. No cunt's staying up until stupid o'clock to watch Raw because Frank Lampard's on it. Celebrity appearances are to grab casual primetime viewers -- it'd be beyond pointless to get a guest star who won't appeal to casuals in the main market because he means nothing to them, and won't appeal to casuals in the foreign markets because only nerds like us are watching at that time anyway. I'd have loved WrestleMania 11 to be Bam Bam Bigelow vs Mark Hughes, but it would've done even worse numbers.

• Paid Members

Chuck Norris at Survivor Series in 1994.

Call me crazy, but I imagine you'd have heard of Chuck Norris by now even if he hadn't have stood there bored off his arse for a casket match on a mid 90s PPV.

Archived