Wrestlers who left a physical impression on you?

Chris Brooker

• Paid Members

I met Rhyno and "he who cannot be named, but his nickname is a rabid version of an x-man" at Hamleys. I shook he who cannot be named's hand and he crushed it. I mean strongest handshake I've ever known. Me and my mate joked about it afterwards, yet little did we know...

I went to a training session at the Dome when 1PW was still around and Nigel McGuinness was doing a guest session. He was pretty informative and knowledgeable, plus this was pre-Hepatitis so he didn't ask any of us to invest in his future wages. Anyway, we paired up and were asked to go through a five minute drill. Myself and another lad did the drill and he came in, walked across to me and said "Your main problem is that all your offence looks like shit". 

At this point he grabbed my partner and started to make suggestions to me. I could see the panic in his eyes. Fortunately for him, he must've gotten sidetracked in talking and seemingly changed his mind, at which point he lobbed me into a corner and hit me with several different strikes which were far beyond anything anyone else was able to dish out. 

I recall very little other than seeing my mate over Nigel's shoulder, standing in the middle of the ring, with the biggest look of relief on his face. 

• Paid Members

Being at a Triple X Show in Coventry and ending up in Andy Krae's blood during a fans bring the weapons match is about as close as it comes to being in that sort of environment.

I had broken glass raining down on us after Jimmy Havoc did something on one of those shows.

I think he told us to move back afterwards, with a sort of ohh well fuck it air. Great times.

On SWEs last czw show I had Drew Gulak, I believe it was, rubbing his arse on me for what felt like an eternity.

It was a desperate ploy to keep people away from the match/wire which is needed I guess as they cant be sure who's sensible and who's a cunt, so he bent over and walked backwards into the crowd saying "keep back".

I could really have done without a lap dance off the silly sod though, as he shuffled me toward the merch stand with his big arse when there was no where backwards for me to go.

• Paid Members

Minoru Suzuki once squashed my hands into the guard rail as he was taking an unexpected bump onto them. Hilariously he didn't bother selling that he had gone back first and turned around to me and went "Sorry!" in a manner most out of keeping with his nutcase character.

And at an Eve show Carmel Jacob.... umm.... "climbed up me" in an attempt to get back to her feet after receiving a beating from Kay Lee Ray. That was unusual.

• Paid Members

Ha, you must've been torn on whether to cry in pain for your crushed hands or chuckle at the unexpected apology. Minoru Suzuki is a favourite of mine from my Japanese wrestling fan days so it's good to hear he's not always the grumpy bastard I imagined he'd be. He plays one well though.

• Paid Members

Some grappler took a high cross body on the outside in a "Falls Count Anywhere" match during an old Scottish Championship Wrestling show back in 2003 and he landed right on my ankle and foot (I was sitting down). Thought I'd broke it. It was just bruised, thankfully.

• Paid Members

Kid Kash booted me in the side of the head whilst I was doing ringside photography at one of the 1PW Dome shows. Abyss just bludgeoned me out the way too.

Admittedly it happened during a match, but I got a proper old school "initiation" when I did the camp circuit for the first time. Knocked out cold, dislocated shoulder, torn rotator cuff. Three months of physio when I got back.

• Paid Members

Minoru Suzuki is a favourite of mine from my Japanese wrestling fan days so it's good to hear he's not always the grumpy bastard I imagined he'd be.

He most certainly isn't.

tumblr_nkue9xNmFx1svsahho1_540.jpg

Stacey Keibler once gave me a love bite...

Alas, the above is, unbelievably not true.  I did once injure, of all things, my wrist, doing a Swanton Bomb off the stage at a gig.  So you could say Jeff Hardy left a physical impression on me, I reckon that counts.

Archived