Wrestlers who left a physical impression on you?

Chris Brooker

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Without wanting to open a can of worms have you had any instances whereby a wrestler has either bumped into you, whacked you by accident or somehow caused you a minor bit of bruisery? Not necessarily looking for the anecdote about the time Virgil battered you for sneaking a selfie with him but hey, throw it in here.

My story...

Dallas Page

Lovely guy, genuine through and through. Became good friends over the course of the tour. Has a real thing about branding his DDP Yoga so he'll correct anyone that just calls it yoga. Loves to wind folk up about it too. I was a slow learner and couldn't seem to get it in my head. One day at breakfast I got it wrong for the umpteenth time and he said "That's it" and chopped me across the chest. You get some odd looks in a hotel restaurant when that happens. Naturally the other guys on the tour pissed themselves laughing. As an attention whore I suggested we turn it into something that happens on stage. Hence I was chopped on a nightly basis by Dallas for the rest of the tour. Left me with a purple bruise like a shit lop-sided chest tattoo.

It worked though. I now have a twitch every time someone just calls it 'yoga'.

giphy.gif 

• Paid Members

Gangrel usually does a "tongue out" face when he gets his picture taken. But he could when I met him, because I happened to see him in Sunderland outside a petrol station at 10 o'clock at night. And he was eating cheese and onion walkers. So to save from getting a picture with a tongue full of chewed crisps, he did his best mean face. So my physical encounter with the Vampire Warrior was that he dribbled crisps on me as he was telling me his taxi was waiting. On my hand and everything. Really messy eater. He was shoving them in by the hand full as well. What struck me about the Man From The Brood was how fucking massive he was. He didnt look that big on TV, but in person dwarfed me and my mate. Not by a bit either. It was like he was 7'0" or something. Really big shoulders as well.

• Paid Members

I ended up taking a bump during the Zack Sabre Jr vs Marty Scurll match last year in the IPW:UK Super 8. That's what happens when you don't realise that your second row seat is behind trainees in the front row, and there's nowhere to go but backwards and down when a tope is coming your way...

Gangrel usually does a "tongue out" face when he gets his picture taken. But he could when I met him, because I happened to see him in Sunderland outside a petrol station at 10 o'clock at night. And he was eating cheese and onion walkers. So to save from getting a picture with a tongue full of chewed crisps, he did his best mean face. So my physical encounter with the Vampire Warrior was that he dribbled crisps on me as he was telling me his taxi was waiting. On my hand and everything. Really messy eater.

I guess you love telling this story?

• Paid Members

Paul Burchill got thrown into the guardrail at a show in Hull and crushed my leg.

My brother also crushed by head once copying the Yokozuna leg drop onto a concrete floor covered in thin carpet. Does that count?

I was sat in the front row at British Uprising 3 and Terry Funk smacked his head with some force against my knee, my knee felt it so i'm sure his head must have! I'll admit I was concerned for his wellbeing for a few moments as he lay on the floor underneath me, he was probably only down there for a few seconds but at the time it felt longer.

I've never seen this match back on DVD or when it was shown on TWC so I don't know if this moment is captured on video.

• Paid Members

Paul Burchill got thrown into the guardrail at a show in Hull and crushed my leg.

My brother also crushed by head once copying the Yokozuna leg drop onto a concrete floor covered in thin carpet. Does that count?

One of Stevie Knight's IWP shows?

Yeah. Pretty sure it was a triple threat main event and D'Lo Brown was on the card.

The triple threat was on the first show (Burchill v Doug Williams v Zebra Kid) and D-Lo was on the second (and last) show. D-Lo/Burchill had a falls count anywhere match that was outside for 30seconds. D-Lo was subbing for Zebra Kid on the show who had been locked up for a few months.

Noam Dar suplexed MK McKinnan onto me once -- that was bloody terrifying, it's moments like that where you temporarily forget they're not really knocking seven bells out of each other.

My dad always proudly tells the story of when he got punched in the face mid-show by an old school wrestler called Spencer Churchill. He was about eleven at the time I think, and he bloody loves it. I think he got shoved by Alfred Hayes once as well.

I received a beating from Chad Collyer (didn't know who he was then and still don't) when we were the last 2 left in a battle royal type match, he threw me around like a rag doll and chopped me numerous times to the point I had blood blisters and a palm print on my chest for ages. Turned out to be a rib on me as I was a trainee at the time and everyone thought it funny to have me left in the ring with him so he could carry out what ever he wished with very little offence in his direction.

Slightly off topic but what ever happened to Chad Collyer?

I have also been on the receiving end of Adrian Neville/Pac Red Arrow.

Archived