Reasons being a grown up absolutely sucks.

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm 32 and thinking of eating tomorrow's sausages today.

Main difference I've found is that as a kid, you could convince yourself that things were going to be better in the future. Hope, that's what that's called. Dead now.

Yup, I think of "dead" when I think of things being better in the future too.

Just kidding. If "vaguely hopeless" actually gave way to "suicidal" I think I'd probably do something more drastic than post about it on here.

I'm 34 and I'm currently destroying a bag of Tangfastics.

It's even worse for you as you're browsing a Prowres forum and you don't even like wrestling. Crazy scenes. Irn Bru and an Iceland Microwaveable dinner now.
I did get a Facebook message from an ex out of the blue, which makes me feel less like a sad sack.

What a depressing thread! I'll still join in though. Lack of spare time is the main gripe. I work long hours, I'm shattered at weekends, go to a couple of night classes and have hardly any spare time as a result. Top that with the fact I'm 35, single and spent up most of the time (paying off a car and a mortgage isn't cheap) and it's a sad state of affairs.

• Paid Members

Dunlops, fucking Dunlops  :duh:  someone asking if they were in fashion I don't think that's ever been the case I would have cried if I got a pair as a kid never mind now

As grown-ups, we shouldn't give a flying fuck if they're "in fashion." As long as WE like something, we're going to have it, and fuck whatever anyone else thinks. Not giving a shit about whether something is "cool" before I have to decide I like it or not is one of the best things about being a grown-up.

Just being able to fuck about with your mates all day. Take a ball to the park, kiss lassies, hang about outside all day/night.

Also, no longer getting excited. Nothing excites me, even within my interests. Wrestling doesn't excite me, football, Christmas/ Birthdays. I can't help but be a miserable bastard. I want to get excited for things, but just cant

I struggle to care about anything anymore. I've gone off football a lot, though that's probably more to do with being 6000 miles away from it than anything. Politics used to interest to me. Then the Tories got back in, Ed Miliband is the leader of the opposition and the Lib Dems have castrated themselves. It doesn't get much bleaker than that.

Having a family is great, but I think I just miss going to the pub and talking about whatever for hours at a time. Didn't realise how important that part of my life was and now it's pretty much gone forever.

Archived