Reasons being a grown up absolutely sucks.

SpursRiot2012

I'm not getting the balance between adult and kid right. I have lost my 'innocence' about the ways of the world, but that has been the case for ages anyway. However today I was prattling about Toys R Us, looking at Transformers and generally goofing about. Still love childish things despite being a mature and responsiblish adult at 36ish

The biggest thing about being an adult that sucks is time. Cant ever seem to get enough. We need to adopt 36 hour days 12 hours sleep, work and play and boom sorted. Will never happen but will mean that more people can set about following their dreams rather than being constrained by not enough time haha

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That's the wrong kind of childishness. Toys were shite when I was 8 and they're shite now. Manchildness is an attitude, not looking being a bit paedo in The Entertainer.

If you're a similar age to me then toys were definitely not shit when you were 8. It was the golden age of toys Butch!

I live a fantastic life. I earn great money, I own my house, I'm generous with what I have, have a good circle of friends where we are all close. I have nothing to moan about as I have it good. But self awareness is a bitch sometimes. When I was younger I used to get lost in emotions.

I'm going through something now and I'm trying to convince myself "it's the end of the world" to justify some shitty emotions I have and a minor bout of self pity. Self awareness won't let me. I know it's not the end of the world and I'm just being pathetic. Pretty sure that's a bad side effect of being a responsible adult. If I were 13 I'd probably be asking Mum for a new wardrobe by now.

• Paid Members

Getting random aches and pains when you are past 30. It's horrible. I could fly off anything when I was 12 and not be hurt at all. Fly off a tree today and I'm looking at traction.

It's not the random pains that worry me ; it's how long I take to recover. I played four twenty-minute games of six-a-side on Saturday and EVERYTHING ached afterwards. Ankles were a given, arms hurt from trying to shrug off tackles or colliding with the barriers, the back of my head ached in the pub later, I think from how often my brain rattled from coughing due to the exertion. But the worst part is, that the pains endured til YESTERDAY and it was only this morning I woke up not feeling sore. Not sore, but still feeling like I could have done with an extra 2 hours in bed.

Getting random aches and pains when you are past 30. It's horrible. I could fly off anything when I was 12 and not be hurt at all. Fly off a tree today and I'm looking at traction.

It's not the random pains that worry me ; it's how long I take to recover. I played four twenty-minute games of six-a-side on Saturday and EVERYTHING ached afterwards. Ankles were a given, arms hurt from trying to shrug off tackles or colliding with the barriers, the back of my head ached in the pub later, I think from how often my brain rattled from coughing due to the exertion. But the worst part is, that the pains endured til YESTERDAY and it was only this morning I woke up not feeling sore. Not sore, but still feeling like I could have done with an extra 2 hours in bed.

Did you do any stretching before playing? I've made the mistake of not stretching properly or not doing it all before playing football and I've come out feeling what you've described.

I don't make that mistake anymore.

Archived