NJPW World

Sphinx

I watch the Wrestle Kingdom shows and thats really it, so not exactly a vig fan but is there a reason that New Japan doesn't have many Japanese Junior Heavyweights? They have like 3 regulars a few older guys according to wiki and the rest are North American indy blokes, look at that 4 way tag, they are all North Americans, surely they could at least borrow a few from other Japanese promotions.

• Paid Members

They have Liger, TMIV, KUSHIDA & Ryusuke Taguchi. BUSHI just came back from injury, and Desperado, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku are on loan to NOAH. Kota Ibushi moved up to heavyweight this year and Kamaitachi is in CMLL. Then you have Komatsu & Tanaka.

• Paid Members

They have KUSHIDA, they're fine. Him vs Shelley down the road will be gangbangers.

If they come along OK, Komatsu v Tanaka could be epic career rivals. Give it two years and if they both progress, they'll have wrestled each other so many times they'll be knocking out blinders. Some of their exchanges (including the finish) on one of the tag matches they had teaming with two stars (I wanna say Ibushi and Naito..?) on one of last year's big shows were pretty good already.

Random question from someone who hasn't seen any New Japan in years... how does Tomoaki Honma fair in NJPW? I remember him from the old BJW death match days, a right crazy bastard.

He's SUPER over with the fans, and while many of his matches follow a formula, he is definitely a crazy bastard and can be absolutely scintillating to watch. Watch his match with Ishii at this year's Power Struggle, practically every move looked like it killed one of them.

Pointless booking for a pointless match. ROH have virtually got their own Dome show outta this.

I think that's rather unfair to say. With 10 title matches, this is a big thing for NJPW; probably their biggest show to date. Having ROH talent only adds to that success, but it would be just as successful without them. Elgin has his own following in Japan, its not necessarily a ROH match at all; if anything i see that match in itself more NJPW vs ROH as I see Elgin more of a NJ talent these days.

• Paid Members

Either way, Lethal/Elgin and the Briscoes involvement in Yano's throwaway 6-man barely detract from the fact the other seven matches represent a fucking great card from New Japan's regulars.

Pointless booking for a pointless match. ROH have virtually got their own Dome show outta this.

I think that's rather unfair to say. With 10 title matches, this is a big thing for NJPW; probably their biggest show to date. Having ROH talent only adds to that success, but it would be just as successful without them. Elgin has his own following in Japan, its not necessarily a ROH match at all; if anything i see that match in itself more NJPW vs ROH as I see Elgin more of a NJ talent these days.

For a start there are 8 Title matches. As far as it being their biggest show, you really need to do your homework. Not even close. A match between 2 members of ROH's roster, for the ROH Title is an ROH match, however you view it.

Given it thought and the ROH title match should be pretty fun actually, given Elgin's support there. All it takes is smug facial expressions from Lethal, and some Truth Martini interference and I reckon the fans will get quite into it. Not sure what all this pedantry and fuss is about.

The NEVER 6-man title does sound a tad ridiculous, I'll agree with that.

• Paid Members

I was in the same boat as you regarding this. I subscribed for a month and that was that. No problems unsubscribing. I used this screenshots guide on Reddit..

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2nxb1q/how_to_sign_up_for_njpw_world_compliments_of/

Click on the "Step 1", "Step 2", etc.

I didn't have the Chromecast at the time, so I shoved a HDMI cable into my TV from the laptop.

ADDED: Warning. If you cancel it, your account gets cancelled, even if you have a few weeks to go on your subscription. Watch out.

Edited by bAzTNM#1