Batista vs Dean Ambrose

John Cena vs Rusev

Bray Wyatt vs Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton

2nd Annual Andre The Giant memorial battle Royal

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'll be HHH vs The Rock at Wrestlemania. Mainly because the Wrestling Observer said HHH vs The Rock looks likely at Wrestlemania.

I'd be well up for that. When was the last singles match between them? Got to be 2001ish. It would seem fresh now despite the history and ton of matches they've had.

I'm close to certain their last singles match will have been the Iron Man match at Judgment Day 2000. That's mad actually.

If Austin were up for a match at Wrestlemania, who would it be against?

Goldberg?

Cena?

Ambrose?

Hogan?

For me it has to be a face vs. heel storyline. The idea of 2 legends one on one like Austin vs. Cena or Sting vs. Undertaker would just feel like a hokey exhibition match.

Austin vs. CM Punk would definitely have been great. Easy story telling there.

Austin vs. Hogan is slightly different because you genuinely don't know who would put who over. But I highly doubt Hogan is in any condition now to pull off a good match.

And for Sting I think the most logical opponent would be Triple H.

I reckon John Cena is still in with a chance at defending the title at Wrestlemania next year. I know Lesnar is rumoured to be away until January, but I'm sure they'll find a way to bring him back early, especially if Bryan is still on the shelf and they need extra stars.

A scenario I wouldn't mind seeing is for Cena to strong-arm Heyman into getting a match with Lesnar, or just doing something that forces Lesnar to make an appearance. They can do whatever between them, leading to Rollins cashing in, I just dunno how that would fit in with Mania plans though.

I'll go with Cena vs. Reigns for the title match at WM31 though.

I've no interest in Rock vs Triple H. I'm sure they could change that by the night, like, but as it stands I wouldn't go for it. If Rock's on the card, I'd go with:

THE ROCK vs BROCK LESNAR

WWE Champion JOHN CENA vs ROMAN REIGNS

STING vs TRIPLE H

DANIEL BRYAN vs SETH ROLLINS

DEAN AMBROSE vs BRAY WYATT

As my top matches.

• Paid Members

Lesnar seems the obvious choice to me. Brock would have to work way looser than usual but he could do it. Heyman even teased it on the podcast.

Wouldn't say Heyman teased it, he practically begged Austin to agree to it and Steve said no. It wouldn't work at all, I don't think. Not if Lesnar is to stay around anyway.

The best opponent for Austin would be Authority-mode Triple H, in terms of potential storyline, compatibility in the ring and the fact that Steve could win with a nice clean Stunner and nobody is hurt by it. Plus you can have all sorts of shenanigans with Vince McMahon playing into it too.

In any case, it seems clear to me that if Austin could possibly be tempted to have one last match, it will be Texas in 2016, not much chance at all for next year.

I also like the idea of Rock vs Triple H, which they certainly could do at WM31. For all the same reasons that I think Austin and Triple H would work, it's a match that I'd rather see than Rock against any current roster guys, unless he's willing to lose. I know Butch isn't one for nostalgia, but I'm a sucker for it in the right spot. For all those posters saying that they had not considered this match before now, go and check out the superb segment shown on last week's SmackDown anniversary show.

Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar was a real dream match for me until fairly recently, the ultimate David and Goliath story, but after Brock's SummerSlam title win this year, they would have to do a hell of a job rebuilding Bryan when he comes back to make that match even remotely believable now. I just don't think I could buy into it at all. Seth would be a good opponent for Bryan, if he even makes it to Mania. I reckon he's going to look like shit when he comes back, they might hold him off.

• Paid Members

I thought that Smackdown segment was the best thing The Rock has done in a while, no surprise it occured with Triple H carrying the thing. After that, I'm well up for watching the two of them have another classic. The nostalgia match is a nice little tie-in to all the archive footage they have up on the Network too. If they wanted they could have Austin, Vince and other big name Attitude Era stars involved, somehow.

Anyway, 'Mania:

WWE World Heavyweight:

Brock Lesnar v Roman Reigns

Triple H v The Rock

John Cena v Rusev

Daniel Bryan v Seth Rollins

Unless Undertaker comes back, Sting seems like the odd man out, this year. Who knows what they have planned, though. When is Jeff Hardy's TNA contract up?

• Paid Members

I've no interest in Rock vs Triple H. I'm sure they could change that by the night, like, but as it stands I wouldn't go for it. If Rock's on the card, I'd go with:

THE ROCK vs BROCK LESNAR

WWE Champion JOHN CENA vs ROMAN REIGNS

STING vs TRIPLE H

DANIEL BRYAN vs SETH ROLLINS

DEAN AMBROSE vs BRAY WYATT

As my top matches.

That's a great looking card. It's a bit short-term though - same as mine. Be nice if somebody on the way up could get the rub from working with Lesnar, Rock, Triple H or Sting. It might be best almost to put them in four separate matches against up and coming main eventers. Although if that happens, you could see all four full time guys losing and that wouldn't do much for the image of the company after WM!

Well Rock reckons he's only coming back for something bigger than his Cena matches, which makes me think the encounter with Triple H was just for the sake of nostalgic entertainment. The only match bigger than Rock vs Cena is Rock vs Lesnar. But apart from Lesnar and maybe Bryan and Triple H, I can't see Rock wrestling again until maybe one of The Shield boys gets massive.

Sting wants an opponent from his generation, and Triple H is the best one in terms of carrying him to a great match. You could go Sting vs Bray Wyatt for a Young vs Old match there, but I don't think that's what people want from Sting. Sting is likely a one and done, so beating another legend is the best bet.

If Rock isn't on the card, I can only see Lesnar being there to lose to Reigns or Ambrose.

Archived