The 'Six Months From Now' Thread

Undefeated Steak

This is a thread that could sink or swim.

It's for discussing what you'd like to see going forward and/or what you think will happen. If we can always try and keep it about discussing events six months from now then we can look back when the time comes around and laugh at how far out our comments were. (It's kind of the opposite to tiger_rick's brilliant thread that makes us all feel old.)

If we go six months ahead from now then we are roughly looking at Wrestlemania 31.

- The big question for me is who will Brock Lesnar face? I'm guessing John Cena but I'd prefer to see him wrestle Bryan, Ambrose, Batista or Randy Orton (the only Orton match I'd be interested in). Lesnar lost quite a lot of steam in my eyes after his NOC match but I hope they can heat him back up to post-Summerslam temperature in time for WM. From a logical point of view, I'd like to think that Dean Ambrose will be the one to beat the man that ended Undertaker's streak.

- I don't think I'm the only one thinking that Reigns has lost some of his aura. Again, if they can build him back up in time for WM31 then I'd like to see an all-out war between Reigns and Wyatt.

- Triple H will be on the card in some capacity. I don't watch a great deal of WWE outside of Wrestlemania season so there's probably an obvious answer, but I'd like to see him give the rub to an up and comer. There aren't many left on the roster who can put over a younger wrestler as well as Triple H can. How about a reversal to how most faction storylines play out, in that Triple H loses to somebody on the card and is that impressed that he offers them a spot in the Authority?

- From what I've seen, NXT is the coolest thing going (I need to start watching this weekly). How about an NXT MITB match? A great way to showcase a handful of them and elevate them to the main roster?

- The Hogan, Rock and Austin spot at this year's Wrestlemania was great but I'd like Austin to stay away from the cameras until Wrestlemania 32 (Texas).

Bragging rights go to anybody that can predict a few correct WM31 matches/results already.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Triple H will be on the card in some capacity. I don't watch a great deal of WWE outside of Wrestlemania season so there's probably an obvious answer, but I'd like to see him give the rub to an up and comer. There aren't many left on the roster who can put over a younger wrestler as well as Triple H can. How about a reversal to how most faction storylines play out, in that Triple H loses to somebody on the card and is that impressed that he offers them a spot in the Authority?

20140601-shield-evolution-payback-642.jp

SD_772_Photo_003.jpg

A lot hinges on whether Bryan will be ready for Mania. Also whether Taker wrestles. I'll go with Lesnar vs. The Rock. I'm not convinced by Reigns beating Lesnar. Massive marquee match in attempt to get subscribers. A short-term solution, but I can't see Reigns being ready for it. Ambrose could plausibly face (and beat) Lesnar if they play off of him being such a nutjob that he'll do things the others won't to overcome the odds. However, I think...

They could do Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose. Ambrose would face Authority members until Mania, like Bryan (apart from Wyatt). Sting is another option and I think that could be a great build. If Taker wrestles, they may be more tempted to go with that though. That's the match Sting really wants. How much more does he have before he really starts to look ancient though? I'd like to see him bow out at 32 if he gets through 31 ok, maybe retiring to Cena (perhaps turning him full on heel if there are babyface replacements that can adequately replace him). I'm getting ahead of myself now.

As for Cena, it can be tough to predict what he'll be doing. Rusev seems to be going along well. Cena vs. Rusev at Mania. Hopefully they can keep some fresh obstacles in Rusev's path leading up to Mania.

Lesnar v Undertaker - A chance for Undertaker to get revenge on the man who ended his streak before retiring for good. Also a chance to do the match justice as it wasn't as good as it should have been.

Triple H v Batista - Hunter takes issue with Batista's Hollywood career.

WWE Title - Rollins © v Reigns v Ambrose

Luke Harper v Sting

John Cena v Rusev

Tag titles four way ladder match - Usos © v Gold and Stardust v Wyatt and Bo Dallas (now named Bo Wyatt) v Big Show and Henry

Pre-show tag - Kane and Erick Rowan v Miz and Mizdow

Pre show singles - Ryback v Curtis Axel

Edit: Just realised I missed out Orton...so Orton v Jericho  :closedeyes:

• Paid Members

I think it'll be HHH vs The Rock at Wrestlemania. Mainly because the Wrestling Observer said HHH vs The Rock looks likely at Wrestlemania.

I'd be well up for that. When was the last singles match between them? Got to be 2001ish. It would seem fresh now despite the history and ton of matches they've had.

• Paid Members

I think it'll be HHH vs The Rock at Wrestlemania. Mainly because the Wrestling Observer said HHH vs The Rock looks likely at Wrestlemania.

Be very strange to have aired that promo from last week and not do it.

I'd still go with Reigns winning the Rumble and beating Brock Lesnar at WM. They'll need to find something to keep him hot in between though. And that's also assuming he's fit for the Rumble. I'd definitely spend December and January feeding Meltzer lines about how much more serious his injury is than first feared though. Only for him to march out at #30/#40 and eliminate half the roster.

Triple H/Rock is a shame in some ways because you could have two great matches out of the pair separately but they absolutely must do it if they can.

I'd go along with Cena vs. Rusev. If they keep protecting the Bulgarian Russian, I see it as being a big enough deal come spring.

If I was them, I'd be trying to book Sting against Undertaker or HBK. Both are very intriguing matches to me and I think they'd appeal to the audience. Getting close to last chance saloon time for it happening.

Lots of good talents that I don't see a lot for right now. Orton, Rollins, Wyatt, Sheamus, etc. Turn Orton and have him fight Rollins? Surely Sheamus turns at some point too?

• Paid Members

The idea of this makes me want to vomit. It's the ultimate vanity match. Just utterly boring and predictable.

I realize I'm probably the only one who will think this. 

• Paid Members

I'd love it. They always worked together, and the stereotypes wouldn't complain about any full timer being "wasted" having to wrestle either of them. Knowing that there's only a handful of big matches left for both, one last match against each other would be a real treat.

Archived