The 'Six Months From Now' Thread

Undefeated Steak

Turn Orton and have him fight Rollins? Surely Sheamus turns at some point too?

The face turn should come soon, those "RKO out of nowhere" vids are catching fire and WWE will no doubt milk it. I think he even cut a promo about it on the WWE app.  

For those who haven't seen them

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/very-best-randy-orton-rko-4440574

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, an attempt at a card that provides some spectacle, but also sets up the next generation a bit.

Brock Lesnar © v Reigns - World Heavyweight Championship

This has to be the plan all along, and I can't see them backing out of it unless Reigns really tanks on his return.  Reigns wins the Rumble and gets the rub of beating the man who retired Taker.

The Rock v Triple H

A simple ego battle, they've already established how they'd do it, and it's a really good non-title main event with 2 guys who are still very capable.

Sting v Bray Wyatt

This should be quite good - Sting can bring some of his supernatural stuff to counter Wyatt, the promo battles could be great, and Wyatt's relatively slow style wouldn't present a problem for Sting.  A good intro for Sting is he fancied doing a few matches next year (HHH, Cena, Austin?)

Cena v Rusev

Setting up Rusev as Reigns' first major feud post Wrestlemania.  Nobody will really expect Rusev to win so it'd be a big surprise and really establish Rusev in the way they failed to do with Umaga or Ryback.

Ambrose v Batista

Bit of a stretch, but Big Dave can be very entertaining and Ambrose needs a big name opponent.

Seth Rollins v Jeff Hardy

I reckon Jeffrey will be back at some point, these two could have a show-stealing type opening match.

Rybaxel © v The Dudley Boys

Let's see Bully work with Ryback!!

AJ Lee ©  v Stephanie McMahon

I just can't think of a single match for Orton.  I guess... face turn and then Kane?

There's very little comparison between Rusev and Ryback, and Umaga went as far as he could anyway. WWE is a babyface promotion. How many top heels have they ever really had, with a multi-year iconic spell on top? Triple H and maybe to a much lesser extent CM Punk. For most baddies, particularly the monsters, they get established to the point where they can face the top baby and they lose. Umaga did that. Rusev wouldn't have anywhere to go if he beat Cena, except a title shot against Reigns which he'd probably lose anyway -- and he might well lose the rematch with Cena a month after WrestleMania anyway. Unless they're seeing Rusev as the new Triple H, which strikes me as unlikely because Rollins is well into that role, then facing John Cena at WrestleMania is as established as he can ever get.

Ryback was a different story because he was a potential next top babyface before they fucked him. And they might yet have another go at that and have him be the one to beat Rusev.

Rusev beating Cena gives them an opponent for post-WM Reigns, and a rematch with Cena down the line. I'm envisaging a WWE where they begin to establish Reigns as the top baby face and transition Cena to a special attraction type guy.

Mind you, I personally don't think Reigns has what it takes, but they clearly do.

Archived