Kris Travis dies aged 31

IANdrewDiceClay

Completely stunned by this and I'm sat with tears in my eyes at work. It's been a few years since I last spoke to him but had some ace times with him training me at NBW and driving down to Cambridge with him when I was commentating for Southside. A genuinely nice, funny, generous guy. Gutted.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just posted this to my facebook, terrible terrible news. 2016 is shite

Hearing the truly terrible news this afternoon that Kris Travis has passed away. The man in my opinion was the best wrestler we in Britain had to share with the world and sadly cancer attacked him on the cusp of greatness. Although the talent here is phenomenal he was the go to wrestler when introducing someone to British Wrestling and never been disappointed when seeing his matches solo or as part of Project Ego.

His in ring persona and moves even made a non fan fiancée enjoy his shenanigans which nobody else has done.

I'm sure the wrestling world will share many thoughts over the next few days but if you have never seen his matches look him up or I will lend you some shows

R.I.P "Shooting Star" Kris Travis

p.s British Wrestling has been raising money for cancer charities and I know cavcare.org.uk is something that was supported by Kris Travis if you want to donate.

• Paid Members

31. Just awful and horribly, horribly unfair. Never met him in person, but have heard from so many that he was a great guy.

Not trying to white knight at all here, but have set up a monthly payment with a cancer charity after hearing this. Has absolutely hammered home what a cruel disease cancer is.

RIP Kris Travis

• Paid Members

Utterly awful news. I was so stoked when it looked like he was healthy again and worked a show for Attack last year, spent a while talking to him about getting back on his feet and he was so positive about life that when I heard he'd relapsed I just felt so sure that he'd overcome it again, no matter how awful he looked in his photos on Twitter. Absolutely gutted to hear the news today.

Edit: Here's that match he did for Attack. It's absolutely hilarious so if you're feeling glum about the news, this should cheer you up a bit :D

Archived