Kris Travis dies aged 31

IANdrewDiceClay

Went to ICW's Barramania event last week and all the lads were wearing pink armbands or sporting pink somewhere on their person (Kris's colour of choice). They also ran a musical tribute to him which was impeccably observed and well received by the ICW crowd.

RIP.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Adam Kirby on Facebook last week said that some asshole trying to get themselves over leaked the funeral details against Kris' family's wishes. And because of that, the family now have to worry about accommodating a larger crowd; fans and other wrestlers, as well as people taking photos & videos, etc. No idea who it was, but what a scumbag move. 

IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING TRAV's FUNERAL:

Against the wishes of Trav's family details of his funeral were posted publicly. As a result they have agreed to let anyone attend the service but the burial will be private.

However under NO circumstances is anyone allowed to film or take pictures while there. Anyone doing this will be asked to leave immediately.

On occasions like this some common sense goes a long way so please use some and remember how distressing this all must be for his family.

Due to limited space in the church can anyone attending allow family & close friends to enter first and give them priority before entering yourself.

Also ask yourself if you really should be attending such an event or whether you could instead pay your respects to him by making a donation to Cavendish Cancer Care.

Please share this important message.

The funeral details were in the Sheffield Star last week I think, it even went so far as to tell people to wear pink. Bullshit move by whoever has leaked it. I'm sure there'll be a good turnout and I think the majority will be respectful but you can imagine some twats trying to start a "Thank you Trav" chant or something.

Tribute to Kris today at PROGRESS at the start of the show.

Slightly spoiled by the bellend behind us trying to start a "CKY" chant... 

I would like to think that most fans who did not know Trav on a personal level wouldn't attend the funeral. As it just seems a little off to me. I mean i was a big fan and it's sad that he is gone. But i feel the funeral should be for friends, colleagues, and family. Leaked info or not.

I don't know how people would even feel comfortable going to a funeral they weren't initially invited to...

I can't really say I've ever been invited to a funeral....more gone on my own accord to pay respects using my initiative as to whether i know them in enough of a personal capacity.

• Paid Members

I can confirm that there was no stupidity from anyone at Trav's funeral. Whilst there were a fair few wrestlers there, what was said at the service wasn't very wrestling orientated.

Archived