WWE Battleground 2014 Discussion - Spoilers

Doog

• Paid Members

WWE brings the LOLs:

"Last night's segment during WWE's Battleground event was in no way referring to the Malaysia Airlines tragedy. The storyline with characters Rusev and Lana has been a part of WWE programming for more than 3 months. WWE apologizes to anyone who misunderstood last night's segment and was offended."

Yeah, everyone misunderstood the reference to Russia getting blame for "the recent events."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

top to bottom, enjoyed the whole show. kneejerk reactions are in full fold i see, Wyatt's dead Cesaro's dead being my fav's  get a grip.

My thought on reading the Cesaro point while slightly over the top is if Heath Slater is chucking you out of a rumble and your manager that was supposed to elevate you to the main event isn't even around, something may be up with your push.

top to bottom, enjoyed the whole show. kneejerk reactions are in full fold i see, Wyatt's dead Cesaro's dead being my fav's  get a grip.

My thought on reading the Cesaro point while slightly over the top is if Heath Slater is chucking you out of a rumble and your manager that was supposed to elevate you to the main event isn't even around, something may be up with your push.

I think the Slater elimination was a fairly good elimination played as a shock upset. Up to that point Cesaro was looking solid, so I don't think it's THAT bad. Let see what happens on TV.

"Last night's segment during WWE's Battleground event was in no way referring to the Malaysia Airlines tragedy. The storyline with characters Rusev and Lana has been a part of WWE programming for more than 3 months. WWE apologizes to anyone who misunderstood last night's segment and was offended."

What a crock load of shit. Honest to God. If you're going to run an edgy promo on your PPV, at least have the fucking balls to stick to your guns. I'm actually more offended by this "apology" than the actual angle. Best they could of done was just not refer to it again. 

What a load of arrogant half arsed carny crap.  

Essentially its saying "We weren't wrong, sorry to all those who were wrong." 

How long till Lana "comes out" and admits she isn't Russian and that it was all a play to get in the minds of their opponents?

Hey there Loligan, my kneejerk reaction was a response to what's been happening over the last few months. Cesaro being portrayed like a buffoon and in the same spot he was a year ago (and he's not the type who'll recover from constant shitarsing) and Wyatt having every bit of mystique drained out of him with the rotten Cena feud. My kneejerk reaction certainly wasn't a response to last night alone. Looks like you did a little kneejerk reaction to my kneejerk reaction!

Feels like the wheels have been falling off ever since they put the belt on Bryan.

More the fact that he got injured and had to be stripped of the title than them actually putting the belt on him.

Er . . well I suppose we did get the Kane feud that everyone was so desperate for.

I can't see why they're jobbing out Wyatt now.  I mean, how interesting can his character be if he loses all the time?  I can see he's not the finished product in the ring yet, but long-term he's going to be more use than fucking Jericho.

All his good promos mean nothing, and his aura disappears if he never wins.

• Moderators

They're not jobbing him out. In the Network world last night means nothing. It was a flash codebreaker and Jericho will be repaying the favour when it counts next month. Jobbing out isn't the odd loss, jobbing out is Mario Mancini.

Meltzer's reasoning is that if the feud is going three PPVs, Jericho has to win one, and he shouldn't be winning SummerSlam so he had to win Battleground. Which is fair enough, but Bray Wyatt should have something better to do for three months than arse around with Chris Jericho.

He beat Daniel Bryan and The Shield at the beginning of the year. He did get jobbed out pretty badly in the Cena feud, but Jericho needed the win a bit more in this first encounter after spending his 2013 run jobbing to the likes of Fandango. Bray will definitely get that high profile win at Summerslam, where more casual viewers such as you would be watching.

he's a creepy swamp man that messes with your head.

Well that's it really isn't it. He really doesn't. Yes, the loses have hurt him (the Cena cage match was such an atrocity they both came out as losers) but he has literally had no lasting effect on any of his opponents. For a while there you could buy into his act. Not only did he have a sense of otherness about him but you could lose yourself in his promos. There was a danger. A feeling that his riddles could lead to something of consequence. But now that's been repeatedly proven as false his promos are pointless. His nonstop jibber jabber is getting 'WHAT' and 'boooooooring' chants as a result. There's still an otherness (poncy!) about his act. But it's more Hillbilly Jim than Charles Mason.

Jericho's occasionally good at feuds so it might not be completely terrible. But I'd be surprised if Bray doesn't come out of it needing a fully fledged babyface turn if he wants to stay relevant. And by fuck do they need some new main event guys.

Yeah, that's the problem.  See, in Cape Fear, Max Cady fucks with the guy's head but also, turns out to be practically indestructible and psychopathically violent.  So the threat is real.

But with Bray Wyatt, the only real threat seems to be from his crew.  I watched his PPV match 2 days ago and I can't remember a single one of his offensive moves apart from the Sister Abigail.  I only saw the end of the Cena feud I guess, as I never saw him win and he looked like a chump.  Then he didn't win the title in the ladder match, then he lost clean to Jericho.  So to me right now, he's some weird delusional, SHORT DUMPY GUY who nobody sees as a threat.

Given he's not the biggest or most physically intimidating guy, he needs to carry a rep with him into his matches.  He needs to be the guy who draws blood, or the guy who no-sells old style, or the guy who soaks up a ridiculous amount of damage and then just laughs and shakes it off (ala Max Cady).

You know how Kevin Nash was the guy you faced if you got through X-Pac and Scott Hall?  If those two couldn't finish you, then you got the big guy?  Right now, if I was an opponent of the Wyatt's I'd be begging for a one on one match with him.  He's the weak link.

I like how they slated the woman but couldn't resist uploading photos of her in a bikini which had no relevance to the story whatsoever! 

Yeah that was my first thought also. Typical Daily Mail. 

Archived