WWE Battleground 2014 Discussion - Spoilers

Doog

Not to be a grammar Nazi but if it was literally a few thoughts there would only be two thoughts there...not eight.

Apologies, ended up having more thoughts than I expected and neglected to change that. I'm usually a stickler for that sort of thing too.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I thought it was quite a weak effort. Some matches weren't anywhere near as good as expected and they seemed to use an excessive amount of filler. It sort of made the show drag a bit.

The tag opener was the best thing on the show, then it was all pretty average until the main event, which was decent enough.

Paige v AJ and Jericho v Wyatt were horrible. Hopefully they sort it out for the Summer Slam rematches. 

• Paid Members

When did a few become defined and limited to two? I thought two was defined as a "couple"?

Sorry. :(

A few is usually 3, a couple is 2. LaGoosh was too busy trying to be smarmy to notice he fucked it.

• Paid Members

The opener was fantastic but the rest of the show was utterly terrible. One of the few Mondays I could have work and staying up for it turned out to be an utter waste of time.

Was such a lazy show down to the Main having the same finish as last month. The Rollins/Ambrose bollocks especially was inexcusable when you're so desperately trying to get people to renew their network subscriptions.

As for the Lana/Rusev thing, they're just daft aren't they? I can see from the wrestling bubble why they'd think (correctly) it was going to get nuclear heat, but you know they'll still sit scratching their heads wondering why nobody takes them seriously in the outside world when it comes to TV rights fees and advertising and such. It's almost like they forget they push themeselves as a global brand when it comes to this stuff.

The Network begging is comical now.

Please, please, please subscribe to The WWE Network and then you get to watch us fail to deliver a promoted match and a PPV that we clearly can't be arsed with.

Overall a totally forgettable "effort" that screamed B-PPV.

I like how they slated the woman but couldn't resist uploading photos of her in a bikini which had no relevance to the story whatsoever! 

Re. the Network, I don't know what more they can really throw out there. It's all the PPVs, ever! All the Clashes. All the SNMEs (soon enough!). If I had decent internet, I'd never leave the house. It must be technical stuff that is stopping people signing up. It can hardly be the price.

• Paid Members

Or over-promising and not delivering. As someone who has the network, once the appeal of the full PPV back catalogue wore off (seriously, only die-hards would sit and watch them all) then it turned to the original programming. The problem with that, is most of their original programming is Top 10 countdowns or the documentary portions of DVDs that are 10 years old.
The actual original programming like Legends House got 1 season and likely no more, Tough Enough won't happen any time soon, and Total Divas is fodder available elsewhere.
They cut the budget on the Raw pre-shows and you can't watch the actual Raw or Smackdowns on there live, so for people without Sky it doesn't even fill that gap.

WWE thought a million (or two to three million) people would be up for paying $10 a month for the PPVs, a few other new things, and all the back catalogue. They get what, five million Raw viewers a week? And less households than that. They've been silly, but they can't go back to $60 a month now so they're stuck with it.

As to the show... The opening tag match was great, but hopefully that's the last of Usos vs Wyatts now. I would have preferred Harper and Rowan to come away with the belts, as there are more intriguing opponents for them (Goldust and Stardust, Kofi and Big E, Big Show and Mark Henry). 

The main event was a corker as well, particularly from when Cena and Reigns started at it. WWE are doing a hell of a job with Reigns, they're pulling out all the stops to make him look like the heir apparent and he's living up to it. Cena as well, his post-match speech was just putting Roman over. I can't remember if someone in this thread said it or if I read it elsewhere, but I agree with the point that the superman punch should be his finisher.

The battle royal was alright, didn't expect a Miz win but him and Ziggler feuding could be good, if they do something besides rematches. Everything else on the show was fairly shit. I missed a lot of Jericho vs Wyatt as the network livestream on my laptop doesn't have a pause or rewind, and I had needed a piss for ages and was hungry. I saw it from just before Rowan and Harper got thrown out. What I saw of it was rubbish, just botchy and crap. And no way should Wyatt be losing to the likes of Chris Jericho. 

Archived