Foley is Crud

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Those chants only got going because they put him on TV and you'd get CM Punk and John Cena referencing him in promos. You don't get over solely on your own, and he didn't either. He got over to a degree through his youtube show, but its when they started showcasing him on Raw when he started to get the big chants. And it showed that when they stopped putting him on TV, he popularity died because all his popularity was was a fad. There was no hijacking shows like when CM Punk left. Ryder disappeared and they forgot about him.

See, for some reason I remember the chants, and signs etc starting well before he got on RAW. Wasn't he one of the most followed Twitter personalities in WWE when he wasn't on TV? I'm certain some of his Youtube shows were getting more hits than a lot of WWE's own content as well.

I'm not saying that WWE didn't run with it for a while but it was getting to the point where they couldn't really ignore it.

I wouldn't agree that his popularity died because they stopped putting him on TV either. It died (or at least became critical) before that, when they made it clear to everybody that he simply wasn't worth cheering for.

Zack Ryder could never have been more than a mid card comedy act and nor should it be. Ryder himself caused this bymaking his character such a massive geek in things he made himself. He was a geek. Geeks shouldn't be on, or anywhere near the, top.

Oh absolutely. He could've at least have BEEN a midcard comedy act though, rather than the "Is he still employed"? level that he's at right now.

All in all Ryder did not bad.

All he has to do is look at how his former brother has done. That's probably as well as he would have done, so he should be happy with the level of success he managed to achieve. Hunger is a good thing, but just keep it within the realms of reality.

Having said all this no doubth he'll be headlining Mania as a heel against Reigns before too long.

• Paid Members

"great look!"

I half expect the next book to credit the conception of his next child to her.

Edited by air_raid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

From his Facebook:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TUESDAY

After giving the matter much thought, I have come to an important decision regarding my furure. I know that not everyone will agree with, or support the decision, but I do hope the decision will be respected. I will make the announcement on Tuesday afternoon.