UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

Chromecast doesn't work for me. I have been trying all ways to get it to work but to no avail.

Ā 

I can get the network perfectly on my iPad through the app, but my laptop is having none of it. I have tried to run it on IE and Chrome but the videos won't play at all. Also tried the Chrome extension which mimmicks other browsers but still no good.

Ā 

Pisses me off. Hopefully they will eventually make the app Chromecast compatible.

• Paid Members

Is it not a smart tv?

Ā 

If not then Chromecast, Roku, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One

It is a smart TV, but I can't find the WWE Network app on it. Guessing it's something to do with it being a pre 2013 model.

Ā 

PS4 is in a other room so that's out. Looking at the other options Chromecast looks the best bet.

Ā 

I'm guessing with Chromecast ill have to control the content through the laptop right?

• Paid Members

Here this might help:

Ā 

http://www.wwe.com/watch-wwe-network-on-samsung-smart-tvs-blu-ray-players

Ā 

http://www.samsung.com/levant/smarthub/smartHub/app_wwe53.html

Ā 

Hmmm not as helpful as I hoped, the Panasonic smart website tells you which models are compatible.

Ā 

Edit: re Chromecast, yes, control through the laptop

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Even leaving aside that the geoblock workaround thing adds complexity, the fact that a forum filled with hardcore fans of the product who are generally reasonably intelligent and in a tech-savvy demographic has got a 66 page technical help thread might explain why both the takeup and churn figures are so much worse than even realistic projections.

• Paid Members

I think what summed that up for me was at the last PPV when Heyman said Brock was "watching at home on the Network".

Ā 

Imagine that visual, Brock Lesnar sat at home fiddling with HDMI cables and his Chromecast trying to get the stream to work.

You'll need to have the network running in a Chrome browser window and then cast it, apparently that works. The app itself isn't Chromecast-compatible.

Ā 

My issue is more the fact that the videos do not play when I run the network in the Chrome browser. Whenever I select something I get the short rating / violence video then nothing. Just constant buffering. I have emailed WWE technical support about it so I will see what they say.

I've managed to get WWE Network running on my Apple TV. However I've had to change my country to USA and use the WWE Network app directly on Apple TV. Using Airplay to mirror from my phone or ipad just results in playback dropping out every minute or two.

Ā 

My picture still isn't great. Trying to work out if this is becauseĀ I only have regular broadband, and whether to use this as the excuse to upgrade to fibre! Could anyone watching on a fibre internet confirm whether the network runs perfectly for them?