Sting in WWE | How would you book him?

LWOLeN

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily he owns the name and savvy enuff to not let them do that to him.

I remember years ago there being an interview where he said he was talking to wwf in like 92 or something & he baulked even then as they were worried people would get him confused with Warrior & wanted to repackage him.

Matches I want to see

Sting v Taker (but more for the entrances than the match at this stage)

Sting v Cena - this would be great as a face v face. Sting's charisma and Cena's hard work ethic would make for a great match.

Sting v HHH - Hunter will be happy putting Sting over, so maybe this should be his first match

Sting & Hogan v Hunter and HBK (assuming he's up for unretiring again)

Sting v HBK

He really will be a great acquisition because every matchup is fresh.

• Paid Members

It was mentioned one of the audio shows on F4Wonline today that they are talking about making Sting the new GM and having him as the babyface to Triple H's heel owner. Its like the working idea for when/if he shows up. Anyone who saw Sting tremendous TNA GM run in 2011/2012 would see this the best idea they could ever do with him. He's just so great in the role. He's a great script reader and he's very enthusiastic. Its why his promos were shit for years until scripted promos came into fashion. He'd be on every week not wrestling, the fans would grow to like him, he'd be seen as a threat against Triple H, he could be the one who puts Daniel Bryan in the title match at Extreme Rules and months and months down the road at SummerSlam you could build to him putting the paint on and wrestling HHH. This is by far the best use of him. Sting making the decisions for the WWE Universe (giving Bryan a title shot, bringing back CM Punk eventually, bringing back Hogan, making Austin a referee of some sort at Mania and all this babyface stuff) would be a fantastic for making him a regular WWE guy and eventually delivering a match that would mean something. The fans are so vocal against the Authorities decisions, that they are in desperate need of a babyface balance to correct these decisions. Anything other than this would be terribly disappointing now.

• Paid Members

Hogan and Savage vs DiBiase and Andre at SummerSlam 88 would have probably been done on Raw the night after WrestleMania IV if that's how the business was. Look at WrestleMania X8. That was set up for the next big PPV to be Hall and Nash vs Hogan and Rock. But that was the next nights main event.

Probably a good idea for a thread. What matches would've happened on Raw the night after from PPVs past. Imagine how many times we'd have seen Boss Man and Akeem vs the Mega Powers? That would have been like the Shield vs Bryan and two mates.

It was mentioned one of the audio shows on F4Wonline today that they are talking about making Sting the new GM and having him as the babyface to Triple H's heel owner. Its like the working idea for when/if he shows up. Anyone who saw Sting tremendous TNA GM run in 2011/2012 would see this the best idea they could ever do with him. He's just so great in the role. He's a great script reader and he's very enthusiastic. Its why his promos were shit for years until scripted promos came into fashion. He'd be on every week not wrestling, the fans would grow to like him, he'd be seen as a threat against Triple H, he could be the one who puts Daniel Bryan in the title match at Extreme Rules and months and months down the road at SummerSlam you could build to him putting the paint on and wrestling HHH. This is by far the best use of him. Sting making the decisions for the WWE Universe (giving Bryan a title shot, bringing back CM Punk eventually, bringing back Hogan, making Austin a referee of some sort at Mania and all this babyface stuff) would be a fantastic for making him a regular WWE guy and eventually delivering a match that would mean something. The fans are so vocal against the Authorities decisions, that they are in desperate need of a babyface balance to correct these decisions. Anything other than this would be terribly disappointing now.

Whilst the idea is good, ending with a Sting/HHH match at Mania 31, will the fans really want to see Sting turn up for the first time in WWE in a suit with no face paint on? I'm not so sure.

I would just recreate his WCW angle with the nWo. But this time vs The Authority. Have Billy Gunn/Road Dogg/Real Americans as heel bumpers for him to beat up.

Since Sting is old and also has the body of an old man these days, I would have him in his trenchcoat all the time with facepaint. This way he doesn

• Paid Members
Whilst the idea is good, ending with a Sting/HHH match at Mania 31, will the fans really want to see Sting turn up for the first time in WWE in a suit with no face paint on? I'm not so sure.

Why not? They want the idea that these characters dont knock about in face paint all day and night anyway. And you get far more mileage out of Sting if you built to him putting the makeup on when he wrestles in 6 months time. Or you could debut Sting at the Network launch and then have him return as the GM, so you get a taste of him in the make up. Sting wearing makeup isn't something I care about to be honest. He looks great without it. He's aged well facially.

• Paid Members

I like the idea of Sting as the fan friendly GM counterpart to Triple H. And I love the idea of Sting swanning about in the suit and shades for a bit. And gradually building up to whacking the paint on and returning to a bit of a darker side to face Triple H at SummerSlam, because Triple H has forced his hand or whatever. Sort of like how he fucked with Foley in 2000 to the point he brought back Cactus Jack. But with added face paint.

I'd rather see him face Triple H than The Undertaker myself. I just think they'd gel better. I could see him getting booed against Undertaker, just because it's The Undertaker. And Sting's always been the ultimate good guy so that would just feel off.

• Paid Members
Rock & Austin VS The nWo on Raw was criminal. That's worthy of headlining almost any PPV.

Oh god. The worst thing there wasn't even them having Rock/Hogan interact in a match for the FIRST TIME EVER a week before their Mania match, it was them having Austin/Hogan interact for the FIRST AND LAST FUCKING TIME EVER in a Raw throwaway tag. Infuriating.

Thinking back to stings GM run in tna that entire feud with roode where he gradually got to the point of being so pissed off at roodes behaviour that he ends up donning the tights and whacking on the facepaint was tremendous. It'll be a million times better with hhh in the ring shitting himself at the sight of a enraged stinger pushed to the point of no return.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived