Sting in WWE | How would you book him?

LWOLeN

I can't remember when I last bought a DVD but I'd probably get a sting career one.

Actually if I'm honest a sting match would probably make me buy wrestlemania more than a lot of things but I'd imagine I'm in the minority there.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm not sure about this, as Sting rumours have happened many times before. However, if it does actually happen, it will be the most excited I've been for someone coming in since Goldberg.

Since it would be hard to keep it a secret. I would like to see some really cool teaser promos, like they did with Taker in the cabin vs HBK's chin, remember all the fuss that caused? It would be just great to see Sting in the big time again.

Well I'm not sure about this, as Sting rumours have happened many times before. However, if it does actually happen, it will be the most excited I've been for someone coming in since Goldberg.

Since it would be hard to keep it a secret. I would like to see some really cool teaser promos, like they did with Taker in the cabin vs HBK's chin, remember all the fuss that caused? It would be just great to see Sting in the big time again.

Rumour went round that those promos were intended for Sting as they were talking to him at the time, then if things didn't work they would switch them to being Undertaker. Everyone got excited about it once the first one aired because there was nothing to suggest it was Undertaker.

Has there ever been some kind of copyright claim against Sting, WCW or whoever with regards to the use of The Crow gimmick? Sting has been essentially ripping it off since 1997, surely there somekind of breach of intellectual property

They could always do some kind of dealy at Mania where say Taker has won his match(vs Lesnar) but he's getting beat down after the match, have the lights go out and Sting & a ball bat make a save and could plant a seed for the following year's Mania with Taker basically saying he didn't need Sting's help or something along those lines.

Rumour went round that those promos were intended for Sting as they were talking to him at the time, then if things didn't work they would switch them to being Undertaker. Everyone got excited about it once the first one aired because there was nothing to suggest it was Undertaker.

Has there ever been some kind of copyright claim against Sting, WCW or whoever with regards to the use of The Crow gimmick? Sting has been essentially ripping it off since 1997, surely there somekind of breach of intellectual property

I didn't know about that, well I knew they were talking, but I didn't know how they set that teaser up to go either way.

Never heard of Sting, or the companies he wrestled for getting into any trouble about The Crow gimmick, while it's an obvious rip-off, it's still different enough not be an exact clone. It's not like The Crow is popular on a Spiderman kind of level either, it was cult hit in both comic and movie form. The Crow franchise has been run into the ground after the first film, If anything apart from the first film and original comic, Sting's gimmick is the best thing to come out of it. Still they could sue if they wanted, I don't think WWE will have to worry about anything though. TBH, I think Sting in that 1997 era draws from The Crow and Batman.

It's not clear what is going on with the card for WM right now. Maybe they will save Sting for the RAW after like they did with Goldberg and Brock.

• Paid Members
I didn't know about that, well I knew they were talking, but I didn't know how they set that teaser up to go either way.

They didn't. The story goes, they set up the promos intended for the Undertaker. They weren't even talking to Sting at that point. They only talked to Sting afterwards and he was deep in negotiations with TNA by that point. There was little chance of Sting coming in that year. They were never knocking Triple H vs The Undertaker off for Sting.

They didn't. The story goes, they set up the promos intended for the Undertaker. They weren't even talking to Sting at that point. They only talked to Sting afterwards and he was deep in negotiations with TNA by that point. There was little chance of Sting coming in that year. They were never knocking Triple H vs The Undertaker off for Sting.

Ahh, so that's how things went down. Sounds more right. Too bad it never happened, but tbf we also ended up getting Sting/Hogan that year, which I enjoyed more than TripleH/Taker. Not that their match was crap, both good matches, just enjoyed Sting/Hogan more.

Ahh, so that's how things went down. Sounds more right. Too bad it never happened, but tbf we also ended up getting Sting/Hogan that year, which I enjoyed more than TripleH/Taker. Not that their match was crap, both good matches, just enjoyed Sting/Hogan more.

I was just going on what I read at the time and it was just a rumour even back then. And like I say, look at that first vignette, you can see why people got the impression that it could have been Sting

Archived