Sting in WWE | How would you book him?

LWOLeN

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this stage in his career, I dont want sting at mania. Does nothing for me, and the crow gimmick was 1997. There are plenty enough wwe nostalgia acts without more appearing.

Yeah, who needs Sting when they've already got Sarge and IRS.

Yeah. Cause sarge and IRS are guaranteed mania matches. Outlaws, Batista, hogan more than likely, piper, undertaker is now a match a year performer. Why would they want a guy who's never wrestled for them comimg in and taking an undeserved slot? Hall of fame yes, mania match no. Have his match at ppv after Mania if they feel the need to get him in for at least one.

• Paid Members

UPDATE!

--While a contract itself may not have been signed, and it is something that has been talked about for months, Sting in WWE is stronger than ever to the point concepts using the term "A Man Called Sting" are in discussion.

Amazing to think, this is probably happening now. Sting owns all that "Man Called Sting" bollocks, so that isn't getting put on anything without his say so.

• Paid Members

Sting vs. Taker is every bit the dream match for me. I'd simply have The Undertaker stand mid-ring and speak about how he's fought and beaten everyone in WWE for 24 years. Lights out, lights on ..... Sting. It doesn't even need booking.

Taker/Lesnar would be good but I would forego it in a heartbeat.

• Paid Members

First of all you induct him in the hall of fame with warrior.

Second of all you do a butt load of video packages about his arrival. Ralking heads about his importance, ric flair calling him the icon, the lot.

Edit. Probably not the icon as that's hbshizzles thing.

Then sure, stick him in the Wyatt six man. But you can't just have him turn up anymore. He needs some fanfare behind him

Why doesn't he deserve it? He can make the company money, so he deserves it.

30 years of mania shoud be about those who have been part of manias. Sting hasn't, and bar a few matches on DVDs means nothing to casual fans who may be needing swayed into buying mania.

• Paid Members

I'm getting proper excited about this now. Until recently I thought there was only an outside chance that Sting might show up, but these rumours are picking up momentum. It would be such a novelty to see Sting in WWE after all these years, it's pretty mind boggling that he's never been there when you think about it. I'd absolutely love to see how they would present him, because TNA didn't give any fucks about what he looked like over the past five years or so, but he's got such an iconic image with loads of marketability.

• Paid Members
Why doesn't he deserve it? He can make the company money, so he deserves it.

30 years of mania shoud be about those who have been part of manias. Sting hasn't, and bar a few matches on DVDs means nothing to casual fans who may be needing swayed into buying mania.

Never mind casual fans now, Sting and Hogan attract 25 years worth of casual fan. They'd add a completely different audience. That's what makes you money, buys from people who wouldn't otherwise purchase.

They would need to find a reason for Taker to be back on TV beforehand but it would be a pretty cool way of introducing Sting to have Taker be on the receiving end of the viral videos/special effects/mind games that are usually reserved for his own returns. Thunder/lightning effects, lights off, crow tied to ropes, baseball bat appears in the ring etc etc. You could do pretty much the whole build-up using smoke and mirrors and without Sting having to appear live, which is a bonus because Sting loses his mystique at an alarming rate the moment he's expected to speak. He managed to undo an entire years worth of character development as soon as he opened his mouth during his initial Crow run.

My initial thought was, if all the major players are set, Sting vs. Bray Wyatt would be the way to go. Both Wyatt and Sting's Crow character carry those spooky undertones, and Bray could carry the workload with promos. They could use the much-vaunted "smoke and mirrors" to get a fun Mania match out of that. Baseball bat, Wyatt Family, lights out, the works. Sting would win, obviously. To lose his first WWE match, he would look like a chump, especially to those unfamiliar with him. The drawback to doing the Taker match is that Sting would have to lose. Possibly the case with Cena too. It's a tricky balance, getting Sting over to a WWE audience while using his name to boost up the current roster.

A fun route might be, have Sting win, post-match the Wyatts attack, Undertaker makes the save, they become allies, but down the road Sting turns, leading to Taker vs. Sting at Summerslam. I was going to go with Sting/Taker tag at Summerslam, then the feud at Survivor Series, but the Series isn't the marquee event I want it to be anymore.

Archived