Sting in WWE | How would you book him?

LWOLeN

IMG_2760.jpg

Every year the same rumour circulates and sends the internet wrestling community into a frenzy. The rumour surrounding wrestling legend Sting, and the possibility of him finally signing with the WWE.

Nothing has changed this year. The Road to WrestleMania is almost upon us and once more it seems as if the WWE are talking to Sting in the hope of singing him up to a deal. The WWE have attempted to bring in Sting over the last few years, but it seems nothing materialises in time for WrestleMania and they continue to fail. Perhaps this is the year.

Sting is a legend in the wrestling business, but is a superstar who just needs to step foot inside the WWE ring at least once before he decides to call it a day. But, wouldn't it be a massive risk for his career and the legacy he has created? There is a risk that bad booking could ruin Sting

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'd book him up the arse. Or against Cena. Either way, it wouldn't be in bold font. You could do Bray Wyatt vs Sting if you want to get spooky. Whatever it is, they shouldn't compromise their current plans just because of Sting. They shouldn't pull Undertaker out of a match with Lesnar on the off chance him and Sting could do something. And to be fair if the rumour that they've knew since the summer that Sting is going to be at Mania, then you'd think they dont have him penned in to wrestle HHH, Punk, Orton or Undertaker, since all their matches are more or less in the bag right now. If they have him, they'll know what they are doing with him.

Anyone who has watched Sting's career and thinks bad booking could damage his legacy needs a word with themselves. He's worked for WCW and TNA for the last 3 decades. 90% of his career has been trying to overcome bad booking.

WWE officials have reportedly believed for months that Sting was coming in this year and it's been talked about even more like it's going to happen recently.

It's believed that Sting worked two rare TNA live events last week because he owed two dates on his existing contract, which is expiring. As noted earlier, people within WWE have been under the impression that he's coming in for months.

source: lordsofpain.net

Latest 'news'. He'll be back with TNA IMO.

• Paid Members

Maybe Sting replaces Hogan in the super six man that was touted with Sting, Cena and Bryan vs the Wyatts. Hogan could even be the enforcer, as Muhammed Ali was back in 1985. There's many possibilities if you want to do a large six man. Sting hitting Rowan and Harper with his bat and doing Stinger splashes would be cracking. There's so many things you could do with Sting without going the Undertaker route. And if you bring in Sting and give him the big match with the big names teaming with him, it sets up Sting and Undertaker teaming at SummerSlam and eventually doing a match if you want to go down that route. Sting is another option for a special attraction wrestler, which they'll need when they do their rotating six month supershow to make you want to subscribe.

Or you could do Sting, Bryan and Cena vs the Shield, where the end spot is Hogan gets in the ring, the Ambrose and Rollins are in Reigns face to give Hulk a spear, and he drills Ambrose with it, Hulk rips the shirt off and Rollins oversells his punches, leading to Sting, Cena and Bryan going wild on the Shield boys. That could be Reigns face turn as well. WWE's trademark is the wild six man brawls. You could do something special with either the Wyatts or the Shield against Bryan, Cena and Sting.

• Paid Members

I like that idea for Sting. I know its been touted for years that Sting v Undertaker is some sort of dream match, but I've never seen it myself. Even as a kid back in 1996 for example, Sting v Taker wasn't one of those dream 'WCW v WWF' matches. The characters have never meshed really, even when he was crow Sting.

At this stage in his career, I dont want sting at mania. Does nothing for me, and the crow gimmick was 1997. There are plenty enough wwe nostalgia acts without more appearing.

Archived