The Beer Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Brewdog stuff's overrated imo. The branding is better than the beer.

I'd second that. Never gone a bundle for their beers in bottle or in the pub and find it all underwhelming but the place is always packed and I always hear it mentioned when I'm on about enjoying a pint at work. They sell themselves well, people know of them even as that "cool beer place" some how. They even got a name drop in this month

• Moderators

Last night I was on the Titanic Wreckage and I've spent most of the moning shitting and I'm pretty sure I'm still half pissed. Strong in ABV and flavour. Probably too strong on both counts, to be honest. Not one you can drink all day if you don't want to fill the pan full of Oxtail Soup like I am currently doing.

And yeah, Brewdog's like some kind of clever branding ale. Great marketing, average beer. It's best used as a gateway drug.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Brewdog stuff's overrated imo. The branding is better than the beer. Good shout on the Mikeller though, everything they do is great. I'm also loving most of the Weird Beard stuff at the moment.

Weird Beard's 'Hit The Lights' is absolutely lovely. I get the Brewdog criticisms but I'd still take their 5am Saint, Hardcore IPA & Jackhammer over lots of the competition. Their 'Santa Paws' christmas ale is also delicious.

Brewdog stuff's overrated imo. The branding is better than the beer. Good shout on the Mikeller though, everything they do is great. I'm also loving most of the Weird Beard stuff at the moment.

Weird Beard's 'Hit The Lights' is absolutely lovely. I get the Brewdog criticisms but I'd still take their 5am Saint, Hardcore IPA & Jackhammer over lots of the competition. Their 'Santa Paws' christmas ale is also delicious.

I've felt mixed about 5am Saint. Sometimes it's amazing sometimes it's average at best. Consistency is hard to get right with craft beer unlike themass market beers like Carling.

Quite partial to the Banana Bread Beer at the moment. Leave it in the fridge for about 3-4 days and then open and drink it. Tastes wonderful!

Got a few bottles for the Festive season along with some cider and some other assorted ales.

• Paid Members
Last night I was on the Titanic Wreckage and I've spent most of the moning shitting and I'm pretty sure I'm still half pissed. Strong in ABV and flavour. Probably too strong on both counts, to be honest. Not one you can drink all day if you don't want to fill the pan full of Oxtail Soup like I am currently doing.

And yeah, Brewdog's like some kind of clever branding ale. Great marketing, average beer. It's best used as a gateway drug.

No wonder, that stuff is 7% or 8%. I had some at a beer festival last year, nice ale.