Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

Usually the ratings in America are lower for the ones over here, as people have the chance to decide whether it's worth watching or not before it's on.

But unusually, despite Goldberg being on last week, and it being a pre-recorded show this week, the viewership was up for the Glasgow show apparently.

I might be wrong but wasn't it suggested they are building up to Lesner Vs Shane at mania? So, possibly have Lesner come down to assist team RAW, by F5'ing Shane.........for some reason.

It would look odd if Lesnar came down to the ring and kicked the shit out of Shane before his big match with Goldberg. 

Have Brock beat Goldberg, Brock starts laying into him post-match which brings Shane out to try and stop it same as he did at Summerslam but have Brock give him more of a kicking than he did that night, thus taking Shane out of the Survivor Series match leaving it 5 v 4, and have Smackdown go close but lose as they had the disadvantage from the start. Have Shane off TV till after the Royal Rumble to sell the beat down.

That way you don't have people from RAW selling for Shane and you've had Brock give Shane two whippings to build to what I think will be their match at Wrestlemania

Any chance of The Undertaker and Kane being the 5th Smackdown tag team for the Survivors match?

They have 5 teams all ready

Slater/Rhyno, The Usos, American Alpha, Hype Bros and Breezeango

Plus The Undertaker wont be messing about with the likes Zack Ryder, Fandango, Primo and Epico etc is he 

Quick post - I was at The Hydro for SmackDown and whilst some moments of the show were fun. There was some very poor parts of the show. Including all the tag team division shit it was just dull as fuck. Plus no Rhyno/Slater. Then sadly Miz had fuck all to do with the actual show.

However Styles Vs Ambrose was excellent. Hearing young wrestling fans with their Dads in the crowd screaming for AJ was such a nice moment showing how far he's come. Best In The World. Fuck you Bryan and fuck you Punk you don't come close!

I don't really get people complaining that the teams are fighting each other. They're not friends and they're all egomanics, so it stands to reason that they'd face each other to get their aggressions out on each other before the big match, rather than during it. Plus if they didn't do it, what would the shows even consist of? 

'Everyone else on our roster is shit so I'll put myself on the Survivor Series team' - Shane McMahon.

Daniel Bryan put him on the team.

I don't really get people complaining that the teams are fighting each other. They're not friends and they're all egomanics, so it stands to reason that they'd face each other to get their aggressions out on each other before the big match, rather than during it. Plus if they didn't do it, what would the shows even consist of? 

'Everyone else on our roster is shit so I'll put myself on the Survivor Series team' - Shane McMahon.

Daniel Bryan put him on the team.

While the whole crowd were chanting Shane O Mac.

I hate the whole brand vs brand thing too, so thought Corbin looked good in the role of not giving a shit, then they made him pretend to fall on his arse after a gust of wind, because there's no other way for him to slightly tweak his knee than to win £250 on You've Been Framed

• Paid Members

Was thinking that the other day. Only thing I could come up with was to have the big teams in 10 man tags to warm up. If it was legit, you'd probably do that.

Smackdown really seems to fly over compared to Raw. Thought this week was decent without ever venturing into good.

I really liked the Alexa Bliss match felt more like an old school wrestling match.

If it was a safe thing to do I hope the Miz and Daniel Bryan get a Mania match.

The ending with Shane kinda made sense but if that was the plan all along I think I'd have rather seem him volunteer himself a few weeks ago.

• Paid Members

Are we going to get a big "Nitro Finish" to Raw/Smackdown next week where a load of lads in red and blue shirts all throw down as the shows go off the air? "What will happen? Find out at Survivor Series!"

Archived