Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Wyatt-Orton stuff was almost up there with Undertaker Possesses Josh Matthews for me. What actually happened? I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention but it seemed like a load of bollocks. Did Randy Orton lock Erick Rowan in that room and go home and then Bray Wyatt created a hologram/clone/illusion of Randy Orton to fight with? I liked Rowan's new mask though.

That Wyatt-Orton stuff was almost up there with Undertaker Possesses Josh Matthews for me. What actually happened? I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention but it seemed like a load of bollocks. Did Randy Orton lock Erick Rowan in that room and go home and then Bray Wyatt created a hologram/clone/illusion of Randy Orton to fight with? I liked Rowan's new mask though.

I'm assuming he found Wyatt's spooky hiding place or whatever, it's the thing after the brawl with the jumbled audio that had me confused.

The Miz and Ziggler cut a good promo but the stipulation blatantly told us that Miz is losing at No Mercy.

I'm not sure, they could still have Ziggler win but by DQ so he somehow doesn't lose his career but Miz also retains, maybe Bryan has enough and interferes and Miz wins by DQ. Who knows with Smackdown. Ideally Ziggler loses and never comes back again.   

• Paid Members

They really should use NXT more for the purposes of freshening up the guys on the roster that have been there forever.

Send the likes of a Ziggler down there for six months. Let them try something new and swap him with somebody that needs to come up pronto. If whatever new direction they try in NXT takes off then it'll have done wonders for them. If it doesn't then you can bring them back up to the roster when something fresh has opened up for them again, or there is a new idea for something for them to do and yhe few months off of tv may have helped in itself.

They should be cycling 1-2 guys off of the main shows through NXT, and rotating with a couple of people currently in NXT, for about 4-6 months at a time. It wouldn't cost them anything, it freshens things up in the short term, and long term it could really help the longevity of a few of the guys that are getting extremely stale.

• Paid Members

Half the Spirit Squad! Well, 3/5 if you count Dolph. Mikey looks like shit now but Kenny looked the same. Good segment too. That hatchet job on Dolph's career by the Miz was a good bit of heat.

Creative finish to Swagger/Corbin too. Check it out. Not seen that before that I can remember.

• Paid Members

I liked the final angle, Miz TV and the women's tag team match (playa) a lot. No Mercy has been set up nicely in terms of the top maybe 5 matches, but Curt Hawkins in action doesn't bode well for the lower undercard.

Archived