The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

You're right, it probably wouldn't be, but my point is I'm not sure he's going to be able to many more of those matches. Each one could easily be his last, so expecting the Cena match next year is a bit of a risk. I agree that it's way too big of a match for them to have not hinted at though.

Clearly he's going to be taking on Sting, anyway

• Paid Members
All the matches people are thinking about for WrestleMania, the WWE title or more specifically Randy Orton would be best served not being in any of them looking at it.

Orton's surely got to drop the title before then. Unless they're doing Cena-Taker or Cena-Hogan, the unified title pretty much has to main event. At worst it's the number two match. If Orton's champ then unless they go crazy with a new guy push, your credible challengers are Cena, Bryan, Punk or HHH. Of those Punk is the only one that, while far from fresh, wouldn't provoke a response of "for fuck's sake, not again."

All the matches people are thinking about for WrestleMania, the WWE title or more specifically Randy Orton would be best served not being in any of them looking at it.

Orton's surely got to drop the title before then. Unless they're doing Cena-Taker or Cena-Hogan, the unified title pretty much has to main event. At worst it's the number two match.

If they did Michaels vs Bryan, Punk vs Triple H, Undertaker vs Lesnar, and Cena/Hogan vs each other/Shield/Real Americans, an Orton title match would be fifth from the top. And I don't think any of those other four need a title.

The ending to Raw made me think that maybe Bryan will win the title at the Rumble, then Punk wins the Rumble match. We get Punk vs Bryan for the title at WrestleMania, Hogan and Cena vs HHH and Orton, and no Michaels at all. I'd be let down with that card compared to the one in the previous paragraph, but I suppose it's not too bad.

• Paid Members

So who can come up with the least inspiring likely card?

Being pessimistic I'd go Orton vs Punk, Cena vs HHH, Taker vs Brock and Bryan vs....Kane or something. No Michaels or Hogan match.

If last year is anything to go by, something like this is most likely what will really happen (af least Brock/Taker is still a win).

Orton's surely got to drop the title before then. Unless they're doing Cena-Taker or Cena-Hogan, the unified title pretty much has to main event. At worst it's the number two match. If Orton's champ then unless they go crazy with a new guy push, your credible challengers are Cena, Bryan, Punk or HHH. Of those Punk is the only one that, while far from fresh, wouldn't provoke a response of "for fuck's sake, not again."

If they decide to strap a rocket to Roman Reigns' arse, Orton vs. Reigns could be decent. It could tie in nicely with the Authority storyline and The Shield being the Authority's mercenaries. It might seem a bit early for Reigns, but they put a lot of shine on him at Survivor Series, and I worry if they hold off til next year, he'll be treading water for a year ala' John Cena in 2004.

In that event, I'd make Undertaker's match the main event- a rookie main eventing WM30 would be a bit much.

I think Bryan's in-ring stuff had gone slightly off the boil in the last few weeks, but then he delivers a match like Monday night and you see he really does have that extra gear in the big matches. Better than all their PPV matches, too.

The three man announce team is getting pretty old. They sound like three blokes having a pissed-up argument on occasion, and JBL is just a knob. Not in a heel commentator way, just a plain old knob.

If they decide to strap a rocket to Roman Reigns' arse, Orton vs. Reigns could be decent. It could tie in nicely with the Authority storyline and The Shield being the Authority's mercenaries. It might seem a bit early for Reigns, but they put a lot of shine on him at Survivor Series, and I worry if they hold off til next year, he'll be treading water for a year ala' John Cena in 2004.

In that event, I'd make Undertaker's match the main event- a rookie main eventing WM30 would be a bit much.

I really like Reigns and think that he's got a great future ahead of him in the WWE, but I really hope they don't fast-track him into a title match at WrestleMania. WWE have spunked their load in the past by elevating people too soon. If his weaknesses are exposed too early, you could have another Jack Swagger on your hands. I'd say after Mania, at one of the lesser PPVS, even a Summerslam would work better for me. My ideal scenario for me would be to have The Shield face Undertaker at WrestleMania with Taker winning, then have having a fallout amongst the group, with Reigns becoming a babyface and feuding with the other members for a couple of months before going onto other things.

As for Raw, the funniest part of the show for me was Tensai getting battered by Brodus Clay, then R-Truth and Xavier Woods stealing the Funkadactyls and dancing with them as Albert lay on the floor outside like no-one remember he even existed. Made me chortle. And agreed with the above post from Hallicks. The three man announce team doesn't work. I know everyone thinks that JBL is a dick (and he's probably right as well), but Lawler is fucking awful behind the announce desk and has been for years.

Has anybody been "made" at a Summerslam via a first WWE title win? Orton flunked afterwards, Luger didn't get there - he could have succeeded. It's safe to say if they have high hopes on someone and are willing to invest time and money into that person as being a legit top guy moving forward, it isn't going to be by a Summerslam win.

Has anybody been "made" at a Summerslam via a first WWE title win? Orton flunked afterwards, Luger didn't get there - he could have succeeded. It's safe to say if they have high hopes on someone and are willing to invest time and money into that person as being a legit top guy moving forward, it isn't going to be by a Summerslam win.

Lesnar???

• Paid Members
Has anybody been "made" at a Summerslam via a first WWE title win?

Brock in 2002?

EDIT: To add to the discussion, you could argue that he was already well on his way to superstardom the moment he murdered Hogan. That image of his wiping the blood on his chest remains one of the greatest things ever. He looked fucking amazing coming off that.

Edited by Supremo