The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I thought Goldberg actually looked significantly weaker (if that is the right word, probably not but I'm struggling) than his other appearances up to yet. I don't even know what it was, I think it was subconscious thing on my part that I can't explain, his arms looked skinnier, as though his mindset is to blitz it and work out like 2 weeks before show time to look pumped then in between he just fucks it all off. I mean the guy is in his 50's, he just looked older.

As I say I don't know and I'm aware I'm nit picking but something was off for me. Still fucking Goldberg though.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

I thought Goldberg actually looked significantly weaker (if that is the right word, probably not but I'm struggling) than his other appearances up to yet. I don't even know what it was, I think it was subconscious thing on my part that I can't explain, his arms looked skinnier, as though his mindset is to blitz it and work out like 2 weeks before show time to look pumped then in between he just fucks it all off. I mean the guy is in his 50's, he just looked older.

As I say I don't know and I'm aware I'm nit picking but something was off for me. Still fucking Goldberg though.

I sorta know what you mean. From some angles, his arms look 'thinner' than in other angles, but to me he's 50 and has great definition to his body and in no way looks out of place physically imo out there.

Also you see shots like this and yeah, it's there;

https://mobile.twitter.com/Goldberg/status/816207569643536384/photo/1

• Paid Members

Christ, are people still going on about Goldberg's body. He looks great, 50 or not.

Anyway, the final segment was all over the place, I thought. I get they're trying to hype the Rumble, but they teased about 50 Goldberg matches during it, which sort of diluted things a little. However, the double spear was tremendous. 

I thought Goldberg actually looked significantly weaker (if that is the right word, probably not but I'm struggling) than his other appearances up to yet.

Yeah this wasn't quite the homerun that most of Goldberg's other appearances have been. The staredown with Reigns and double spear on Strowman will look great in the video packages, but the newfound composure on the mic which Bill had shown since coming back seemed to have deserted him a bit. He seemed to hesitate before telling Owens to "take a shot", for example.

Still, I've been telling anyone who'd listen that I think Goldberg/Reigns is the way to go for Mania, so I'm delighted to see them sewing seeds. I'm not yet convinced that's where they're going, but I think they were testing the water here. Even if it's not Mania I'd be surprised now if we don't get a big Reigns/Goldberg match some time this year, possibly SummerSlam or Survivors.

Christ, are people still going on about Goldberg's body. He looks great, 50 or not.

Anyway, the final segment was all over the place, I thought. I get they're trying to hype the Rumble, but they teased about 50 Goldberg matches during it, which sort of diluted things a little. However, the double spear was tremendous.

Definitely. People half his age would love a body like that tbh. He's still got great definition and the aura is all there in spades.

I quite liked that Reigns/Goldberg staredown abd I'm not the biggest Roman fan. Double spear was cool.

People are now starting to think it might be them at WM but it's still going to be Lesnar/Goldberg IMO. That is a lock.

Have a I missed the news, or did they not do a Slammy version of RAW this year? That's got to be the first time in years, if true.

2007 was the last time there were no Slammys as far as I can see however there weren't any in an 11 year period before 2008.

• Paid Members

I really want Taker and HBK to announce their Rumble participation. I love the Rumble so much, that those two returning in it, even if it's only for ten minutes brawling before giving someone the rub with their eliminations, would be an ace little story.