The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

This was the least interesting Strowman has been. Having to sell for Sin Cara was a stupid idea. And only winning by count-out. He should have laced him. And that head scissors into the corner was hideous. Dunno why they've exposed him so soon.

I like the idea of him continuing the winning by count-out gimmick but doing it in the centre of the ring. Just flat out mauling guys and walking away knowing that they're not getting back up. Definitely agree on the selling, he should still be steam-rolling these lower card guys and only start selling as the matches get longer and more challenging. There's still loads of time to improve for him though, he just needs to be in with guys that can sell well for him and make him look a beast.

So a few weeks ago the Miz cuts a great promo on Talking Smack which got loads of people talking. I can't remember the last time a promo got its own thread. It showed that if you let someone be themselves and free from a script, the fans will believe.

This week they showed that they had learnt that this was the way forward by having Sasha Banks cut a contrived scripted promo which no fan believed and was full of the usual BS WWE revisionist history.

Just let the talent be themselves. Give them bullet points instead of scripts and I'm sure that a lot of them would produce better promos than the crap they are given by the writers each week.

Edited by Mr Tibbs

Owen's looked good and acted a star, his partnership with Jericho over the last month or two has helped him tremendously I think. Thought the rest of the show was meh. Nia Jax is the shits, and her awful backstage segment with Fox was a scary flashback to the amount of thought WWE usually put into a Diva's championship feud just a few years ago.

Foley is a stumbley mess, even in backstage bits and I wish Steph and her cancer philanthropy PR shite would just fuck off.

• Paid Members

Jack Gallagher's coming to Raw? Someone please elaborate!

He was on the latest Cruiserweights are coming video introducing Metalik, Gallagher and Tozawa.

This tourney has been a fantastic way of auditioning talent to bring in for the CW division on Raw. Stick them out in front of a WWE (well, NXT) crowd, expose them to anyone with the network- see who stands out to both live and home audiences. Although they've surprised many by signing Dar, the others make perfect sense and have really shone. The three above are certainly three of the most impressive for me, along with TJ and Kendrick.

I did like it when Foley overturned Seth's suspension but other than that he and Stephanie were the drizzling shits this week. That opening backstage segment was embarrassing.

Thankfully the longest reigning WWE Universal Champion (7 days) and Seth were both on form and the gift of Jericho just keeps on giving.

I liked the Old Day joke for the first 5 seconds of it

Thought Alicia Fox came off pretty well in her segment, apart from when she said "you're right Nia, this isn't reality"

:mellow:

Fucking state of Mick Foley. The Club/New Day stuff is some of the most god awful TV ever, and I mean ever. I had to keep pausing Sky as people walked through earlier, that kinda shit.

That Fox/Jax thing also, man alive is this bad acting, I have seen better school plays.

The slow motion of that Summerslam botch is sickening. Definitely had me believing early retirement could be a possibility. I'm a big Charlotte fan but what the fuck was she playing at? So she loses her balance on the second rope - shit happens - but take Sasha with you, for god's sake don't just drop her like she's a prank electric shock pen. That kind of neck-folding landing is what I imagine the Droz incident was like

Edited by sj5522

I hope they don't put Bayley in the match - her beating Charlotte smacked of the great NXT-style booking where that's now planted in the minds of the viewers to be used when it needs to be. She's got that win, and now they can run Sasha vs Charlotte as unfinished business. If Charlotte gets through that, Bayley is a very viable contender because she's already got the win over her. In fact now I think about it, they ran the exact same thing with American Alpha and The Revival, with the Revival beating Alpha a week or so after losing to Gargano and Ciampa. That planted the seeds for one of the best matches of the year.

I'm probably talking bollocks and it'll just be a 3-way mind, but I'd rather they did it that way.

I've already fantasy booked a story in which Sasha loses to Charlotte clean again, Bayley gets her shot, then Sasha turns on her to screw her (jealousy of fan support when they teamed, and Bayley getting signed up when Sasha was injured, I dunno, owt like that), then viciously beats her up so much so it puts her out for a while. The beatdown is so awful that Charlotte actually makes a save, triggering a double turn. Sasha then wins the title from Charlotte and takes over as dominant heel champion to lead to Bayley making a surprise return to challenge her for the title at Wrestlemania. So when they dare to do their own thing and not cater exactly to my whims, I'll only be disappointed anyway.