The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I think the problem was that Owens looked so shocked. That cements that Triple H had just handed it to him, makes Trips the real star and Owens the lucky beneficiary. Whereas if they'd acted like they were in it together, it makes Owens look like a devious bastard who'll do anything to get ahead - which he's supposed to be. Just a small thing but a big difference.

As it stopped Rollins from being Champion, I couldn't give a fuck personally. Titus O'Neil could have been the beneficiary and I'd have been cheering Trips on.

I don't mind the Triple H thing as long as it's to do some stuff with babyface Seth without the baggage of an entire Authority angle. Surely they're not bringing that back. Surely.

I'm not convinced they were ever planning on getting rid of it for good, to be honest. To me, the main event of Wrestlemania always screamed "let's show Roman banishing the Authority, but we'll bring them back eventually". 

Stephanie barely left as it is.

I can't see past the Authority angle, completely unchanged, except with Owens instead of Rollins.

Not that I think it'll happen, but I'd quite like HHH to go away again a bit now. It's clear the story is that Owens wasn't in collusion with him beforehand, but being a scumbag chancer, he's got no problem reaping the benefits. Owens can go on telly and claim he didn't ask for help and didn't need it, and just be a chickenshit champion, which doesn't bury him because he played that perfectly in NXT. In the meantime, Stephanie can be the 'authority' foil to carry on the story with Rollins and Reigns, because they appeared to be making the point that she didn't know what HHH was up to either.

I'd quite like Owens to have an unlikely challenger to beat for his first defence, whilst Rollins and Reigns can have a match at the next PPV leading to HHH hitting the Suit Pedigree on one of them again, and explaining his actions after. I don't know where you go from there like, but I too don't particularly want Owens front and centre of a new Authoritarian heel regime, because we're barely up and running with the Stephanie/Foley tandem. Somebody else in the power hierarchy isn't ideal.  

Oh shit yeah, I meant to ask (because I watched Raw on the always-amazing Wrestling Reality youtube page and you couldn't really tell), was Bayley still over outside of the Brooklyn crowd? Her entrance and the winning fall seemed to get good pops, and I liked that they gave her the "excited to be here" role backstage with New Day as it's revisiting what helped her in the early NXT days, it's far and away the most important NXT-to-main roster transition they've ever had, in my mind.

The possibility/probability of mishandling it seems high, and the endgame for her as it stands has to be vs Sasha Banks at Mania. Through NXT, Breaking Ground, the Battleground tag match, and endless references to their Takeover matches that have all bled over to the main shows, you can't deny they haven't been doing a great job of building it (without actually building it).

• Paid Members

It was a pretty "smart" crowd. They booed the fuck out of Roman and went apeshit for Owens.

They also chanted along with a Cesaro pre-tape which proved that you don't have to leave gaps in promos like a div or do every promo in the ring. Incidentally, thought it was the most polished promo over ever seen Cesaro do.

Maybe Trips and Owens turned face? doubt it but the whole Trips turns on heel Rollins for heel Owens doesn't really make sense anyway. Worth giving Rollins a go as face either, he's a fucking awful heel so nothing to lose really.

Does this mean the end of JeriKO? Annoying if so, I was really enjoying their partnership thus far.

It doesnt need to be straight away.

Have Jericho, through gritted teeth, be really 'happy' for Owens, but reminding him that he 'had his back' in the match with Neville and making subtle digs at the help he needed to win the title. Owens can pretend like he still needs Jericho, even promising his 'best buddy' a 'friendly' title match or something but keep dodging the issue whenever Jericho brings it up.

Ultimately I can see Owens v Jericho, which would in theory mean a Jericho turn which would be a crying shame as he is such a brilliant heel but his promos and '......it!' have been getting over well so he could transition smoothly enough.

I would be so down for a Owens/Triple H Vs Rollins\Reigns tag team mini feud. Problem is that could leave the gift of Jericho out in the cold.

Ooh they could make him the ref.

Edit

I now have a mental image of Jericho wearing his scarf over a referee shirt.

Edited by The King Of Swing