The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators

Not really. You don't purchase a WWE product to get Raw and Smackdown, you do to get the PPVs. WWE don't get more money if more people decide to watch Raw or Smackdown on Sky or USA one week or for one month, they do if one buys the network that month for a PPV.

Have to echo the sentiments and really enjoyed Raw. Only bit I fast forwarded was the New Day Celebration as they get right on my tits.

Am LOVING that they are having squash matches again - old farts like me remember squash matches with fondness from our childhoods and they really helped establish big monster heels especially. More of these, say I.

Did think the main was going to be Sami v Balor but am happy that Balor went over and he v Rollins should be excellent at SummerSlam.

Hey, at least they didn't call it the 'Champion of the Universe' I guess.

Sasha's face plant after that dive - ow! Great match between the two though - the current crop of women have really raised the bar for those that follow them in years to come.

Yeah, love that the commentary team are on the stage.

Very enjoyable viewing - let's see what SmackDown offers.

A rumour was around a week or two ago that they were planning to 'bring back squash matches'. Glad it seems to be true. The roster seems ok when you think how many Raw wrestlers weren't on it, they're probably bringing some back/up, cruiserweight promo suggested that division will be all new stars, not just Sin Cara and Neville, and 8 of the top stars were in 2 matches, which won't be common.

Loved all the changes. The logo doesn't look as bad when it's part of an animation. Theme song, stage, commetators, new camera angles...all good. Look forward to seeing how different Smackdown is.

Really? I thought that was pretty common knowledge.

It really was a great way to put Balor over on his night. Beating 2 time (and current) US champ Rusev, former US Champ Cesaro and 2 time Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens in one match to then cleanly beat 3 time WWE Champion Roman Reigns, certainly seems to be a signal of intent for him.

Also regarding Reigns, good on him for doing clean jobs two nights in a row. Is he being punished for the wellness failure? Possibly, but by just doing what is asked of him will bring him out the other end sometime

Really? I thought that was pretty common knowledge.

It really was a great way to put Balor over on his night. Beating 2 time (and current) US champ Rusev, former US Champ Cesaro and 2 time Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens in one match to then cleanly beat 3 time WWE Champion Roman Reigns, certainly seems to be a signal of intent for him.

Also regarding Reigns, good on him for doing clean jobs two nights in a row. Is he being punished for the wellness failure? Possibly, but by just doing what is asked of him will bring him out the other end sometime

Like HHH was known to say. Following the curtain call incident he was told he was going to eat shit and like the taste. He got the respect after it though. I'm sure it will happen here if he keeps his head down.

To echo what JLM says about Rusev, for me he's the wrestler not called Rohit of 2016 so far. He's the best thing they have. Hopefully he soon finds his rightful place atop the card.

Something really winding me up lately, Neville and the Dudley Boyz have pyro, but they haven't got one for Rusev when he leaps out for his entrance? Fuckin logic for him to jump and BOOM! it's really doing my nut in cos he looks so awesome doing that and the little extra effort would make it perfect

Jericho is my favourite thing about WWE at the moment. His swagger is absolutely glorious to see.

I never, ever thought the thing I looked forward to most on WWE TV - besides your one - would be Jericho.

He is working his nuts off at the moment, the expressions and the swagger are brilliant, much better in this role 

Jericho always makes the effort to change his look up too. Always has new ring gear, and the scarf is a magnificent little touch.  Sheamus, with his offensive looking red ring gear that he's been knocking around in for ages could definitely learn a few lessons from him

Great Raw overall, and fair fucks to WWE for convincingly strapping the rocket to Balor. 

Pleasure not having to endure JBL's commentary too.

Jericho's been one of the best things about the product since WrestleMania. And whilst he is admittedly tedious as a face I'm glad he is making mince meat on a weekly basis of all those arguments that he should just sod off because there is nothing for him to contribute anymore. He is Chris Jericho. He'll always have something to contribute.

Also call ups aside it's quite amazing to think they've done one of the most watchable three hour Raws ever with half the available guys. Cut your roster in half and do a show that still blitzes most other things this year and it's all because you were simply arsed. Which is the only real problem WWE have ever had, really. They can make chicken salad out of any period of PR disasters, injury plagues or creative slumps that they want. We all know the pattern.