The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

but isn't the best way to do that through story lines that engage the audience over a period of time rather than just doing it all on one night. Since they announced the split they've done nothing but have some corny GM Skits, the Mcmahons state they want to run both and minor mentions on commentary. Surely you can consider that the best course of action?

It's a draft. You don't need to persuade the superstars to go to a brand, they need to go where they're selected to go.

To be fair, they didn't always hold to that narrative. I remember them making angles about Steph pulling out the stops to sign Scott Steiner, and signing Brock Lesnar to a Smackdown-only contract, leading to Bischoff introducing the WHC.

Yes, but the initial draft had already happened before that which was the original point.

After the draft has happened then them sort of angles are welcome, as long as it's not to often.

They'll probably do their worst ratings ever on Monday as it's July 4th Independence Day and no cunt will be watching, so that won't help if they are drip feedin information.

They're trying their best to do that by starting the show with no mention of anything that's due to happen on the show.  I think Russo is right when he says ratings are down because they don't appeal to casual fans. I've been a fan since 1994 and I have no interest in watching Rusev Vs Titus O'Neil so why would a random casual fan want to watch them? Matches go on too long in this 3 hour era.

• Paid Members

That opening segment, eh? I quite enjoyed the stupidity of it. Miz and Maryse getting splattered was funny, Owens hiding under the table was subtly fun and Heath Slater taking the fall was as amusing as ever. Then that bit where there's only Owens left and they show a custard pie splat from Owens perspective. Stuff like that should never happen on a wrestling show. Even after all these years, it's still nonsensical shite.

Show was boring. Enzo, Cass and Cena vs. The Club at Battleground came out of nowhere but I do like them holding off on the 1 v 1 rematch until SummerSlam.

They're announcing Lesnar's SummarSlam opponent on Smackdown. I can only think it's Randy Orton because everyone else seems to be busy or not on Lesnar's level. Unless they announce Reigns and put the title back on him? I'm going Orton.

Forgot about Orton, it's either going to be him or the winner of the three way or possibly Shane McMahon. I have no idea how they'd get to the last one but it's a possibility in my eyes.

Kind of liked the main event tag because it was so out of place in a way. Felt more like an all star wrestling main event amped up which is fine for a holiday show

• Paid Members

For a holiday show that was alright. Ambrose and Rollins had decent TV bouts, the main event was all over the place in an alright way, the 6 man for Battleground works, and there was some solid promo work from Sasha, Enzo, and Bray Wyatt.

• Paid Members

The Xavier Woods promo was great, adds abit of intrigue into the angle. Enzo and Cass were brilliant on the show, also. They both show a lot of fire when needed which is quite fresh.

Rest of the show was very so-so. Also, Big Show looked ALOT slower and bumbling than he usually does.

Edited by Nick James

As is becoming a bit routine the AJ/Cena segment was the best part of the show. The six-man at Battleground probably won't set the world on fire but it should be a really fun match.

The Sasha/Charlotte promo was really good stuff and speaking of promos the Xavier Woods promo single handedly has me invested in the New Day feud with the Wyatts.