The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

With Raw, I've got it down now where I'll x30 through the ad breaks & recaps and x12 through matches up to the finishing stretch (usually switch to normal speed when the babyface starts their comeback). In fact, the only thing I don't fast-forward in some form are the talking segments. I can usually get through the whole thing in just over an hour.

The way I see it, the reason I watch Raw is in order to keep up with the storylines so that I can get the most out of the monthly PPVs, which I do watch in full (and do normally really enjoy).

• Paid Members

I've found over the last few years that the less I watch of Raw, the more enjoyable I find the PPV.... so now, I hardly watch any of it, save 2 minute clips from their YouTube channel my mate shows me at lunchtime at work. For a couple of months at the turn of the year I was watching AJ's matches on TV until the novelty wore off, but now I'm back to just the PPVs. Less is more.

Probably why I enjoy NXT every week, because I'm not watching ALL the top stars every week, and the big matches are spread out over time and kept special.

• Paid Members

So they're blowing their load on The Shield triple threat at Battleground. There's just no anticipation for anything. That match has SummerSlam main event written all over it. It's novel, it's big time and they've got a PPV in between to build the need for it. Whet the appetite.

Nothing else much of note beyond the Wyatts return and set up of a match with New Day. It was a talky heavy show though so not onerous to sit through. Enjoyed Shane/Enzo/Cass entrance. Shane and Big Cass reprising the HBK/Diesel high five was great.

So they're blowing their load on The Shield triple threat at Battleground. There's just no anticipation for anything. That match has SummerSlam main event written all over it. It's novel, it's big time and they've got a PPV in between to build the need for it. Whet the appetite.

I saw that was the main event and just laughed. The match that some people I know wanted as the main event for Wrestlemania (obviously could not be done) so would still have been suitable for Summerslam, no it goes on Battleground. I don't even like WWE very much, if at all, but would have been a match I could see as yeah I look forward to that. 

Surely something like Rollins vs Ambrose, Reigns comes out and fucks them both over turning heel and setting the main event for Summerslam. Just doing it any sort of way, it can't be difficult to stretch the feud out for an extra month. 

Or maybe its because Battleground is a fairly new event and the ratings weren't so great for it last time (i may be wrong about that) and with Summerslam practically guaranteed high ratings they thought they would add the Triple Threat to Battleground to improve on its ratings and make the show feel like a big deal going forward.

Isn't it probably going to be shenanigans leading to a rematch at Summerslam?

Or it could be just WWE trying to get done as Summerslam will be post brand split.

Yeah, I feel the main reason they aren't holding off till Summerslam is due to the brand split. I don't see Roman, Seth and Dean all being on the same show.

• Paid Members

I've just started watching Raw and can't help but notice how little of a reaction Sami Zayn got when he came out. There were even people on the front row looking down at their phones. Maybe it's because the feud with Kevin Owens seems to have been going on for about 2 years. Zayn hasn't done much else of note other than the Cena match.

Isn't it probably going to be shenanigans leading to a rematch at Summerslam?

A triple count out leading to a Shield ladder match.

Or it could be just WWE trying to get done as Summerslam will be post brand split.

That does make sense, however WWE make the rules so they could have booked the match now and just worked around the brand split until then

Wasnt Brock on battleground last year? and The Undertaker returning as well. Seems they're putting a fair bit if effort into it for some reason.

If it is because they want to do the match because of the brand split then I think thats an even worse idea. Why not hold back on the match completely. do the brand split, then as WrestleMania comes around align the stars and do it then. Anticipation would be of the charts.

Wyatts v Ne Day is a terrible idea as well, people are crying out to cheer Bray, a fued with a comedy tag team will not help.

I've just started watching Raw and can't help but notice how little of a reaction Sami Zayn got when he came out. There were even people on the front row looking down at their phones. Maybe it's because the feud with Kevin Owens seems to have been going on for about 2 years. Zayn hasn't done much else of note other than the Cena match.

On the flip side, at MITB he had people singing his theme and got what I'd say is a decent bit of crowd reaction.

It's the chronic problem that the WWE has at the moment that crowds are so erratic and inconsistent in their reactions. One week a guy could be over as hell, next week tumbleweeds because of the crowd that's there. 

• Paid Members

They don't write for the crowd either. Two mins into his first promo as champ, Ambrose mentions the Cleveland Cavaliers and it gets booed. He recovered nicely but why are they shoehorning that into his promo and not knowing what the reaction will be?

On the triple threat, I get that it's post brand-split. But as we've only got one World Champion, does it matter? I don't think you take for granted that SummerSlam will draw anyway. It draws because it feels huge. If you present a weak show, you erode that.