The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I don't think anyone discussed the Reigns/Rollins thing. what the fuck was that supposed to be? Rollins looked like an absolute goon. The WWE 24 afterwards was a great watch, but only made it more annoying he's in the wrong role here.

It's easy to forget what a mad show this is when you watch it on your todd every week. I dare anyone here who's not seen this week's Raw yet to watch it with a normal person. Almost everything needs explaining, but almost nothing can be explained coherently.

And fucking Cena. He's my favourite wrestler and I'm not shy about it, but then he does these arse achingly cringeworthy promos with his stupid hat on. I'm sure it was said on here a while ago that his Marine character is basically just President Bill Pullman in a baseball cap, and he was even lifting lines from his big Independence Day promo here. Everything after AJ came out was good, but before that he was awful.

• Paid Members

What is up with the camera being all over the place in the beat down of Cena? I am finding the whole wobbly camera thing very off-putting to the point that I can barely tolerate it. It was never more noticeable than during this segment.

Yeah, that was awful. Not just the really shaky camera but the ADHD changes of camera by the director. Nearly ruined a tremendous angle.

I was way too distracted during the AJ/Cena segment by Gallows awful trousers.

Wrestling fans are weird. Can you imagine people commenting on the clothes in any other type of entertainment show (Gok Wan aside).

"The ending of Breaking Bad was great, but Walter Whites socks really ruined it for me."

Not to piss on your chips, but doesn't Breaking Bad specifically dress characters a certain way relating to little hidden characteristics? Blue for Skyler ('sky'-ler), as both the colour of Walter's two significant anchors within the show - his wife who he started doing everything for in his mind once the cancer took hold, and the sky blue meth that represented the financial escape but his personal ruin?

And Jesse had shit trousers when he would go through junkie stages. So yeah, bashing Gallows for his rotten clobber seems fair game.

EDITED: To apologise for being a boring dickhead. The AJ/Cena segment was top end, cannot express just how chuffed I am to see Styles so settled at the top end of the card in WWE. Likewise Enzo and Cass, with whom I feel relief if nothing else that they were allowed to just crack on as they had been in NXT. Enzo is like an old school pro wrestler, he knows how to get over. That sort of stuff is still so refreshing whilst we're dealing with the hangers on from the bland mid-00s era. John Lauranitis' run as talent development gaffer really isn't covered in glory when you consider JR before him and HHH (or the performance centre in general?) now.

Edited by NEWM

I really didn't care about Gallows' trousers I was more concerned by Cena's picture of Ellen on his shorts and her name written all over parts of his clothing. I know it's a kind of joke thing but surely this was the wrong time to be wearing such a stupid outfit!

I watched a US stream of raw but can I ask did the UK or any other countries version have all the memorial day USA USA crap all over it. I'm not a massive America hater or anything but I really think now that WWE is trying to be a global brand it shouldn't pander to the USA so much on it's broadcasts. 

Also, their product is quintessentially American and they've never hidden from that, or their pride in that.

I've no issue with them commemorating Memorial Day any way they see fit. Nevermind that it's catnip for their audience, but I actually think it reflects well on the company that they take the time to acknowledge key events on the American calendar; Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Black History Month etc.

It's easy to forget what a mad show this is when you watch it on your todd every week. I dare anyone here who's not seen this week's Raw yet to watch it with a normal person. Almost everything needs explaining, but almost nothing can be explained coherently.

And fucking Cena. He's my favourite wrestler and I'm not shy about it, but then he does these arse achingly cringeworthy promos with his stupid hat on. I'm sure it was said on here a while ago that his Marine character is basically just President Bill Pullman in a baseball cap, and he was even lifting lines from his big Independence Day promo here. Everything after AJ came out was good, but before that he was awful.

Cena is looking pretty old now and those hats are looking a bit silly on him, he's starting to look like the embarrassing dad. Sure, he could get away with it in his late 20's / early 30's but he has been wearing the same stuff for over 10 years, i think i read somewhere that he's self aware of it too.

I really didn't care about Gallows' trousers I was more concerned by Cena's picture of Ellen on his shorts and her name written all over parts of his clothing. I know it's a kind of joke thing but surely this was the wrong time to be wearing such a stupid outfit!

I watched a US stream of raw but can I ask did the UK or any other countries version have all the memorial day USA USA crap all over it. I'm not a massive America hater or anything but I really think now that WWE is trying to be a global brand it shouldn't pander to the USA so much on it's broadcasts. 

But the US is still very Much there Bread and Butter and how well they do in the US Dictates the Success of the Company, TNA have shown having a big International audience means nothing if back home nobody is Investing in the product

I don't have a problem with the USA stuff they do, it is a very very patriotic country way more then people can even imagine, They sing the anthem before every single sporting game regardless of the occasion etc, Memorial day means a lot to them so they are well within the rights to show support for that, They would of been slated if they hadn't acknowledged it.

Could they have cut it from International broadcasts? sure but with Raw Live in the UK its tough to do that and who knows maybe they have cut it in the places Raw isn't shown live, but I don't have any problem with it being shown on the international airings.   

Its a small thing and very nWo but I'd like The Club to mention that more guys are coming, keep the buzz about them going and create a unpredictablity to there matches, ofcourse that wouldnt work if no one else is getting added and would be pointless.

Was there any more word about Tama Tonga coming to wwe or was it just a rumor mixed in with Gallows and Anderson

• Paid Members

Tama Tonga and Bad Luck Fale (and Rocky Romero) were reported to have offers on the table but chose New Japan. I think Jeff Jarrett and Scott D'Amore might be the only "members" WWE could get until the Bucks contracts run out in January. Sign them up.

Edited by Benno