The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

To be fair though, it IS the middle part of JBL. Calling him Bradshaw is surely acceptable? It's not like calling Ambrose 'Moxley' or something like that.

Yeah, calling him Bradshaw is completely acceptable. Its still his name. Its like someone calling Triple H "Hunter". 

Well, Hearst...

I'm enjoying Linus' Raw Rants, but if people can't get away with Bryan Danielson, they can't get away with Bradshaw IMHO.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Well, Hearst...

I'm enjoying Linus' Raw Rants, but if people can't get away with Bryan Danielson, they can't get away with Bradshaw IMHO.

But nobody ever calls Triple H "Hearst". Plenty of people call him Hunter. Same way plenty of people call JBL "Bradshaw". When JBL changed his character into JBL, he didn't change his name, he just added to it. Bradshaw is still a part of his name.

Bryan Danielson has never been called such on WWE television (as far as I'm aware), so its a stupid comparison. People will only call him Bryan Danielson instead of Daniel Bryan because they are either "den wans" or they want to appear more in the know. I don't think the same can be said for Bradshaw. Anyway, I think your splitting hairs and being a touch picky for the sake of it, which is kind of your thing, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. 

He's usually Bryan Danielson on Total Divas, although mostly they only say "Bryan." The naming system on that show is very haphazard. They use real names for half the cast, yet you have Eva Marie's dad calling her by her wrestling name while arguing about his cancer and religion.

DB tried to get himself over as Bryan Danielson when he left NXT as well, terrible promo.

Motherfucker's the man, isn't he?

Its quality writing and exquisite knowledge. Good stuff.

I haven't been able to catch any RAW or Smackdown for a few weeks and rather than reading the results in the usual places i have just been waiting for Linus to do his run down.  

now if only he will go and visit my family/friends and workplace for me and give me a write up of all the important issues and how i would have reacted to them, i should be able to save serious chunks of my life.

Anyway, I think your splitting hairs and being a touch picky for the sake of it, which is kind of your thing, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. 

:rolleyes:  Your approval isn't strictly necessary to validate my opinion, to be honest!  It annoyed me as he's not been called Bradshaw on telly for most of a decade, and JBL is a very different gimmick to Bradshaw.  

Anyway, carry on Linus - hopefully we'll get an email in from Flea at some point in the next one.

Anyway, I think your splitting hairs and being a touch picky for the sake of it, which is kind of your thing, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

:rolleyes: Your approval isn't strictly necessary to validate my opinion, to be honest! It annoyed me as he's not been called Bradshaw on telly for most of a decade, and JBL is a very different gimmick to Bradshaw.

You do know what JBL stands for though, right?

Speaking of Bradshaw, did he have a tiny run as a top face before the gimmick change, or am I imagining it? I think there might have been cowbell involved.

• Moderators

He did a few TV main events in 2002 as  a cowboy I think before hardcore title hell.

My favourite Bradshaw is Blackjack Bradshaw as I'm the world's only massive mark for the New Blackjacks. Dat music though, the bullropes, the staches, going "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" while throwing the bullhorns... Fuck yeah!

• Paid Members
, going "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" while throwing the bullhorns... Fuck yeah!

Me and my mate used to do that all the time back in 1996 to each other. And also imitate his duck arse walk through the curtain when the music hit.

I never thought he had that effect on anyone else.

You wonderful bastard!