The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I guess the coming out the crowed thing is to "stay true to his roots" and keep the crowed popping kind of thing but he is going to need a bit more of a costume and music change in my opinion. Very soon to if he doesn't want to come across as the guy clinging onto his former stable character that falls down the card.

Hard as that may be to see now, I think without clarifying some individual character his mega push is going to stall sooner than later

His music is already familiar to the crowd. They pop big time when it hits. He looks great too. The other have moved away from the Shield look so he doesn't have to. He won't fall down the card because of his entrance, music or look. He's doing great. He'll only fall down the card if they lose interest in him.

And why would they? He's the closest thing they've had to their idea of a new top babyface since Batista turned on Triple H.

I guess the coming out the crowed thing is to "stay true to his roots" and keep the crowed popping kind of thing but he is going to need a bit more of a costume and music change in my opinion. Very soon to if he doesn't want to come across as the guy clinging onto his former stable character that falls down the card.

Hard as that may be to see now, I think without clarifying some individual character his mega push is going to stall sooner than later

His music is already familiar to the crowd. They pop big time when it hits. He looks great too. The other have moved away from the Shield look so he doesn't have to. He won't fall down the card because of his entrance, music or look. He's doing great. He'll only fall down the card if they lose interest in him.

And why would they? He's the closest thing they've had to their idea of a new top babyface since Batista turned on Triple H.

I really want to keep liking him I really do, but at times i'm struggling to see what makes him so special that he is the next top guy, I can see big things for him. But the next face of the company I'm not sure on. Actually I hope he is but for me at the moment that segment of his personality that makes him sit atop the tree is eluding me.

Could be me being blind or subconsciously not wanting to follow the general consensus but i'm not seeing it. 

Also being the one to stay the same after the shield implies a bit to me that he is the number 3 of the group in a way. An example would be Triple H who said himself to reach the top he had to move away from the Triple H in DX. I know this is different times and situations but I just feel if he keeps up the shield act the crowed will loose interest eventually

I think that's a negative to the character though, because it makes the wins and losses not matter.

The bit in the quotes was supposed to be your bit about Bray Wyatt sustaining losses because he's delusional. Editing quotes on the new forum doesn't work right.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I really want to keep liking him I really do, but at times i'm struggling to see what makes him so special that he is the next top guy, I can see big things for him. But the next face of the company I'm not sure on. Actually I hope he is but for me at the moment that segment of his personality that makes him sit atop the tree is eluding me.

Could be me being blind or subconsciously not wanting to follow the general consensus but i'm not seeing it. 

Also being the one to stay the same after the shield implies a bit to me that he is the number 3 of the group in a way. An example would be Triple H who said himself to reach the top he had to move away from the Triple H in DX. I know this is different times and situations but I just feel if he keeps up the shield act the crowed will loose interest eventually

He's special because the crowd believe in him. That's probably because he has a great look, a unique move that people buy into and The Shield were booked incredibly well.

He wasn't number three in The Shield, he was almost always booked as number one. So now he doesn't look like someone clinging on to the past, he's a one man wrecking crew.

The DX comparison doesn't work. Trips had to become a serious main even character after DX. The Shield have always been serious. They were never a comedy act.

I think that's a negative to the character though, because it makes the wins and losses not matter.

The bit in the quotes was supposed to be your bit about Bray Wyatt sustaining losses because he's delusional. Editing quotes on the new forum doesn't work right.

I'm not sure wins and losses do matter all that much. In the same way I'm not sure a title run is something he needs one way or the other. If he lost every week or kept losing to guys who should be beneath him then it would but the strength in the character and his motivation behind it means he can absorb losses.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I thought the Steph angle was one of the best this year. Stephanie has been a phenomenal heel for ages now. I'm surprised they haven't, "leaked," her mugshot on WWE.com yet. It seems like the ideal thing to do.

They've slightly changed his gear, but to me he looks like he is just wearing the other half of rollins' gear.

Yeah the gold trim didnt do much for me, it made him look more stocky to the point were when he did his ''2 fists raised'' pose on the turnbuckle the first thing i thought was ''that reminds me of Rhyno'', which isnt good at all.

Really enjoyed that show.

Brock Lesnar just screams star and any time his music hits I get goosebumps, which can only be a good thing. Excited about Cena vs Lesnar and it's the right way to go to try and sell subscriptions.

Thought Paige looked so much better as a heel and unlike others, I actually like AJ so looking forward to see what way they take the feud. Surprised me I'm actually interested as I normally always skip through the divas title programmes. For some reason though, I can't help but think that Paige's music would fit Seth Rollins so much rather than the shite he's got.

Stephanie is the best heel in the business.

• Paid Members

He wasn't number three in The Shield, he was almost always booked as number one. So now he doesn't look like someone clinging on to the past, he's a one man wrecking crew.

The DX comparison doesn't work. Trips had to become a serious main even character after DX. The Shield have always been serious. They were never a comedy act.

Also, what people often forget is that Triple H was always the least coolest and most unlikeable member of DX. He was like the lame older brother hanging out with his younger brothers cool mates because he didn't have any of his own.

Roman Reigns on the other hand has always came across as a badass motherfucker who spends all his time kicking peoples arses. It's hard not to like a guy like that.

• Paid Members

Another fine show in the Summer Slam build.

The opening promo from Cena (and Heyman) was absolutely top notch. That's two out of two, in this feud, with great promo work. I wonder if folk are still moaning about Cena v Lesnar?

The closing segment was another great bit of work from Stephanie. Feigning fear, only to sucker slap Brie when she looked away. I said this last week, but this is surely going to be the most heated women's match in over a decade. Like Cena/Lesnar, I can't wait to see this unfold in the ring.

Even Orton was really good value on this show. He was great during the Reigns beat down.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Not really interested in Cena/Lesnar, seen it before not interested in seeing it again, I can't see it offering anything greatly different from their previous match eespecially if Cena is involved.

You can see a mile away Nikki costing Brie her match against Stephanie, I read that WWE have been considering turning her heel so that ruins that. Be interesting to see how it goes down however.

Orton has grown tiresome lately and seems to be just coasting through. His act is stale and Reigns doesn't have the star power to make the match interesting, I can imagine the match coming off as something you would see on Raw.

Jericho is the new Christian they seem to wheel him out during desperation times and like Orton he's stale and bland. His match with Wyatt will be by the numbers and run of the mill.

Edited by C-Rock

The Cena promo was fantastic,hopefully Heyman ups his promos a bit over the next few weeks.He's been on autopilot for months now.

Everything else was enjoyable,even Jericho attempting to be funny wasn't as painful as it should've been.

Steph/Brie was very well done,and the crowd seemed quite into it.

• Paid Members

I'd just give up C-Rock. It sounds like you hate everything they're doing and you're just torturing yourself by continuing to watch!

Personally I thought it was a great Raw, very enjoyable from top to bottom. The closing segment was top notch, Steph has been the MVP of the company for a while now, another cracking performance. Lesnar and Cena should be great, and Heyman is in the form of his life. Good stuff all round!