The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Isn't it meant to start getting good now? This was even worse than last week.

I like Batista but his appearance did nothing for me. Being in that awful segment didn't help but it felt a bit flat and got nowhere near the reaction I thought he should've got. I'm shocked it was only four years ago that he was a big star in the company, feels like forever ago. Feels like people have moved on. I don't like the idea of him winning the Rumble at all to be honest and I don't think it would get the right kind of response.

The superman punch, that dirty curbstomp and Bray's excellent promo weren't enough to save this sack of shit. Not excited for the Rumble at all which is a shame.

• Awards Moderator

More than usual, Raw felt padded to hell. Showing the Rumble stats package twice? Multiple MLK spots? Interminable Del Rio match? And yet they couldn't show more of the AJ party?

The tag scene is so hot right now. Usos are performing well, The Shield still seem to be getting stronger every week and everyone knows how well Brotherhood are doing. Heck it even makes Cody, whom Moj once renamed as Default after the unmodified CAW character you get in games, exciting and full of fire.

Batista does look odd. Losing weight in the face and having pale eyebrows gives him an Observer-From-Fringe look. He looked even worse in the backstage interview. I reallllly don't want him to win the Rumble either, just doesn't feel right. Take home silver by all means, but let's advance someone else. I'm still holding out hope for Bryan at #30.

Speaking of which, if 30 rolls around and the crowd are expecting Bryan, they are going to take a massive dump on whoever that actually is.

Oh and if Brock doesn't win after being pushed around every week, he's going to look a right chump.

Edited by Onyx2

Showing the Rumble stats package twice?

There were two different stats packages, shown once each.

Someone earlier in the topic said they did very little to build the actual Rumble match, which I agree with. But those bits give the viewer some interesting stuff to look out for. Like the Warlord being eliminated in 2 seconds and Santino in 1 second are memorable facts, so fans will be looking out for jobbers getting thrown out quickly again this year.

And yet they couldn't show more of the AJ party?

Nobody turned up and Tamina got a cake thrown in her face. AJ tweeted a cool photo of her sat on the floor in the empty room but besides that I can't see what else they could have done with that idea. As you said, it was padded-out enough already.

• Awards Moderator
Showing the Rumble stats package twice?

There were two different stats packages, shown once each.

Someone earlier in the topic said they did very little to build the actual Rumble match, which I agree with. But those bits give the viewer some interesting stuff to look out for. Like the Warlord being eliminated in 2 seconds and Santino in 1 second are memorable facts, so fans will be looking out for jobbers getting thrown out quickly again this year.

They were different? I heard the Cole rumbling about stats and I just did something else for a minute while the VT carried on, assuming it was the same. Don't get me wrong, I love the stats.

I didn't think it was a good show, I've generally enjoyed Raw recently but I felt this was a poor show, it made me question whether I should bother buying the rumble which I imagine is the opposite of what they were hoping for.

I enjoyed little bits of the show, The Shield were great as always, Roman Reigns' Spear was excellent. It was nice to see Brad Maddox on TV and I don't mind the Kane/CM Punk stuff though I'm not really sure where its going. A decent promos by Bryan and Wyatt. I have no real interest in seeing Brock vs Big Show, I find Big Show boring. Not really all that interested in Batista, he looked weird and was dressed like the female chavs that I work with at school, I hope he doesn't win the rumble. Randy Orton andCena was a borefest, the Cena dad rampage has been done many times before...

• Paid Members

I actually think at this point they've brought back Batista for the Rumble purely to get Daniel Bryan's win over as a surprise, or at least I hope so. I love Batista and his silky smooth forehead as much as the next guy, but he doesn't need a Rumble win and the fans arguably don't want to see it as much as they do a Bryan win.

• Paid Members

Man, I'm hesitant to say this because if he ever found out who I was he'd sleep with my mother and my girlfriend at the same time, but that was a real damp squib of a return for big Dave. Nothing promo and nothinf beating. Bleh.

I want to see Roman reigns spear him now

I actually think at this point they've brought back Batista for the Rumble purely to get Daniel Bryan's win over as a surprise, or at least I hope so. I love Batista and his silky smooth forehead as much as the next guy, but he doesn't need a Rumble win and the fans arguably don't want to see it as much as they do a Bryan win.

Lets hope so, strike while the iron is hot and all that. Batista really doesn't need the win, they can still have Batista vs Orton just without the title, it's not needed. I reckon the fans will shit all over a Batista win and if Bryan isn't in the rumble at all.

Surely Dave's coming back as a heel once this initial week is over? Teaming up with Bryan in the Rumble and then throwing him over the top rope would be a good way of doing it.

• Paid Members

Strange night for heads. Batista's looks like a balloon on the verge of popping. That close up of those massive fucking folds in the back of Lesnar's head was weird shit too.

Superman punch spot was amazing, Wyatt's first promo insanely good and fuck it, I love corporate Kane. Just sack off all the other authority figures and leave us with Kane and Trips.

Skinny jeans though? Hell no.

Brock's head is always a source of entertainment for me, its just so strange! Weirdly shaped, strange folds, odd hair, massive in size - its a hell of a head! I hope for Sable's sake that their sons didn't have Brock's head shape...