The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Do you know what fan reaction I really hate, because of how nonsensical it is? The crowd chanting 'you suck' OUT OF RESPECT (as per the announcers) at Kurt Angle, with him lapping it up as though he's hearing 'you deserve it' in another language. It's fucking barmy. A great example for the Wrestling Without Context account on Twitter. How on earth do you explain that to the average Joe?

That came to mind earlier funnily enough when Kurt came out on Raw and the music cut off before it even got to that part of the theme but the crowd went ahead and still chanted it so you ended up with Face GM Kurt standing on the Ramp being berated with about 4-5 'YOU SUCK' chants before it died off 

23 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Do you know what fan reaction I really hate, because of how nonsensical it is? The crowd chanting 'you suck' OUT OF RESPECT (as per the announcers) at Kurt Angle, with him lapping it up as though he's hearing 'you deserve it' in another language. It's fucking barmy. A great example for the Wrestling Without Context account on Twitter. How on earth do you explain that to the average Joe?

A million times this. I'm glad it's not just me.

• Paid Members

Vince and Co. probably like the fact that Kurt gets those kind of reactions as then it makes it easier to brush off/justify the Reigns/Cena reactions. 

"Our fans are crazy. They'll cheer or boo who they like."

Edited by Silky Kisser

I wonder to what extent YouTube views influence WWE booking decisions?

That Braun segment is only about 80,000 views behind Cena's match but 200,000 views above anything else on the show and double the amount of Roman's segments.

• Paid Members

Nothing sums up how currently WWE's style of TV and booking is opposed to what I get invested in as having something as simple to book as six guys needing to qualify for a PPV gimmick match and coming up with something as convoluted as they have done. Second chance multi man.... which ends in a draw.... so now it's seven instead of six? No need. None of it. Announcement off screen instead of resolution in the ring, bonus points. And wasn't the Kane/Strowman debacle recent enough for the old "this will settle something for the PPV.... or will it?" bollocks? I guess not.

Oh well, at least there will be intrigue for which two superstars, determined by coin toss, are forced to cuddle together in a pod. Hopefully Braun and Reigns, am I right?

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Oh well, at least there will be intrigue for which two superstars, determined by coin toss, are forced to cuddle together in a pod. Hopefully Braun and Reigns, am I right?

Either that, or it's a plan to get a shark cage suspended above the ring, inside the elimination chamber. For the first time ever. Since everybody loves a good shark cage, god damn it. 

I think it’s testament to Braun himself, but despite all the false starts he’s had he still shines as the ‘most likely star’ on the whole roster. I can’t remember the last time they had someone who was just so ridiculously fun to watch, without having it descend into pastiche to the point where you no longer find them credible. I’d be 100% up for Brock v Braun in a ridiculous arena-wide brawl at Mania with the big man finally getting the Universal Title tip.

Jesus that Cello segment was great.

I’ve only got back into watching properly since the Rumble, really, does anyone have any matches of Braun’s they think I should dig out on the network? What stands out?

He’ll probably end up in an arm wrestling contest against Big Show at Mania, though...

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

30 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’ve only got back into watching properly since the Rumble, really, does anyone have a

I've fucked up the quoting there but anyway... When did you stop watching? Braun had a fair few corkers last year, pretty much anything he did with Roman Reigns for starters. He had one or two really good matches with Big Show as well, and the multi-man Universal title match at SummerSlam was fantastic.

I'm overthinking this I'm sure, but do we think Braun's showing in the MMC with Alexa and the promos there, have any bearing on them doing this skit? I mean, from the way he's been portrayed recently, to what happened. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But I didn't give the writing team that much credit for them to suddenly develop him like this. As long as it doesn't lead to a guitar on a pole match on the WM pre-show, I'll be happy.