The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Back to normal this week. The first hour was pretty decent with the good Enzo & Cass/JeriKO opening but when they followed up Rollins yapping for 10 mins with a Sheamus/Cesaro re-run, the momentum died.

Enjoyed the interaction between the four guys in the opening again. I like how they keep sidelining Enzo for Big Cass compliments. I'm not sure if it's deliberate but it builds Enzo as a Bryan-type underdog. Knowing them, they're just trying to get Cass over.

Finn Balor explaining the demon was a nice little segment.

The Orton/Lesnar video was really well done. Orton looks fucking awesome with something to get his teeth into. Looks cooler and more confident than he has in years.

The wedding segment was proper hokey WWE fun. As soon as they came out I asked "Who's going in the cake?" and they didn't disappoint. Between this and the end segment, they're making the US Title feel big time. Short-term until they have their "Universal Title" though I think. Interesting that they played a video from the Smackdown pre/post show of Bryan mocking it.

The rest was unmemorable rather than outright bad. I really dislike that Gallows & Anderson skit. They book them great sometimes and then they do stuff like this.

Looked like Bubba was disappointed in Devon after they lost to the incredible tag team of Neville and Sin Cara. I hope this goes somewhere because they're floundering.

This pretty much saves my whole write up for Raw. 

I don't mind Seth Rollins but he shouldn't be talking for 10 minutes, I would rather he has a quick match, showing off what he can do and then getting on the Mic giving it the big one for like 2 minutes saying how he is the best rather than just talk about it. 

I loved Rusev & Lana this week again, not too sure about the cheesy Reigns humour during the wedding ceremony thing, it felt a little bit awkward to me, I know he wants a bit of Rusev but interrupting the wedding thing with no real reason doesn't sit well with me (its not really part of Reigns character). 

Actually enjoyed the Balor promo/video very nicely done and also enjoyed the Orton/Brock video, little things like that make a difference to me.

Wasn't too sure on the end between Mick/Bryan but liked the unpredictability of it if nothing else. Still wasn't as good a Raw as the last two weeks but we all knew deep down that would probably be the case. 

Edited by Briefcase

Pretty much fast forward material on the whole this week I felt BUT Owens and Jericho have some great potential as a heel team.

Rusev was awesome in everything he did and Lana's responses backstage did make me laugh.
Balor's promo explaining the Celtic mythology and origins of the Demon was great. He looked fucking cool I thought and I hope he wins at SummerSlam.

I thought Roman did a better job this week felt more natural and likeable to me compared to when he just goes out with a mic and not much going on or just a standard confrontation.

I thought Sin Cara would turn actually with his black getup in order to set up current heel/faces for the start of the cruiserweighg division so any CWC guys have setlling in time.

The whole end of the show was a bit what the fuck to me. I switched off a bit and it all seemed a bit purposeless like they didn't want to end with just talking do threw this together. As someone who never likes "fight right now" segments and feels they are overused id much rather have seen Enzo and Jericho bookend the show

Jericho/Owens to team beyond Summerslam? I'd have a bit of that! Give Y2J a tag title to remember this great run by

The Rusev/Reigns seg was decent. Rusev is just amazing, Reigns teased going down 'tater tots' territory but it was passable enough

The opening segment was good fun and I'd like to see a KO/Jericho run- that was probably my fave bit.

Did anyone else notice the summer slam poster in foleys office (during the new day segment)- Finn is in full demon gear. I thought that was surprising as they hadn't shown him as the demon yet- thought it might have been more of a slow burn character development. His promo later was very well done though.

Yeah this was definitely the worst Raw since the brand split.  I really didn't see the point in having that US title match main event.  Unless it's all leading up to Cesaro fucking off to Smackdown.  Good to see that there's a Dudley's break split coming. It'll freshen up Bubba. That was a shit crowd last night but to be fair I don't blame them for being quiet during most of the show.

Pleased they didn't have Puff Daddy come and save New Day. They usually put over non-wrestlers far too much against their own stars, so that was a good point. Anderson and Gallows to take the titles at SummerSlam with Big E out injured, leading to him getting a paddy on when he returns and New Day splitting up?

I could see them going for a Fatal 4 Way for the US Title now. Keep the belt on Rusev without Reigns having to take the fall.

Whoever coined the phrase JeriKO is boss. They could be a really fun team to watch and hopefully they have a sustained run together.

Are leather jackets the thing to wear again in the world of wrestling? Ambrose has been wearing his for a while but now Finn, and this week Charlotte, are getting in on the act. 

• Paid Members

Just so we don't get confused between Demon Kane & Finn's The Demon, we've now got Demon Kane and Demon King. Grand.

I loved the Balor promo though, but then I like that Celtic mythology stuff.