The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Not to compare him to Austin, but Austin barely wrestled a TV match from about 98-2000.

But then Roman can't cut a promo so where do you go from there?

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

Not to compare him to Austin, but Austin barely wrestled a TV match from about 98-2000.

Bur then Roman can't cut a promo so where do you go from there?

I think he can cut a promo. Not gonna pretend he's brilliant but I've seen him be confident on a mic plenty of times. What he doesn't do well with is those fuckers where you've got 2 minutes of material and 5 minutes of TV time. So you have keep pausing and looking around for cheers. I fucking hate that style.

Steve Austin initially never stood in the middle of the ring talking to himself. He bounced off McMahon or Ross or a heel. Reigns could deliver if they set it up properly.

In saying that, I'm not convinced he needs to be cutting promos live. People seem to prefer him as a less talk and more action arse-kicker so that's what he should be.

Edited by tiger_rick

Went to the taping last night and enjoyed it, thought it was a decent show. Nothing amazing but a bit more of consequence happened than often does on these UK shows.

The tournament meant the majority of the matches meant something, although admittedly they weren't much other than Cesaro/Sheamus and Reigns/Show was not the match to start the show with a bang. Loved seeing Taker and Kane in the last segment though, the pop they got was huge and enjoyed the stuff with Rooney and the Reigns/HHH segment that started the show too. 

I'm unjustifiably annoyed by Del Rio v Stardust and Ryback v Kalisto in the tournament. Swap the jobbers around and those would be watchable matches

With the consensus on the Taker/Kane stuff, was great fun but Wyatts should have really got the upper hand there, at least wanted Taker & Kane to point to the entrance ramp when surrounded by Wyatts and introduce their partners. Now worried they'll do a 2 v 4 which is not appealing at all.

Cesaro v Sheamus was a really exciting match, the Rooney stuff a good bit of publicity-nabbing fun. Also enjoyed Breeze v Ambrose though the lack of foresight to not debut Breeze first is kinda lame.

• Paid Members

Why did they have Breeze lose to Ambrose? Wouldn't it of made more sense to have him lose to Ziggler then in the next round for revenge, distract Ziggler so Ambrose can win?

Then they'd be putting the attention of Ziggler and Breeze and not the bloke who is probably going to the final. They need Ambrose over as a top guy more than they need Ziggler and Breeze over in the midcard.

The tournament wrestler selection and the Brothers of Destruction destroying the Wyatt Family already are baffling decisions. Obviously they've had to change a lot of what would have happened this week (and going forward), but it wouldn't take ten minutes to come up with stuff that would have made more sense. Triple H making Roman Reigns face Bray Wyatt in the tournament in the main event of the show, for example, and Undertaker and Kane interfering there to give Roman the win. Yes it's the same Reigns-Wyatt match we've seen twenty times and it'd do a fuck-awful rating, but it's not like Reigns vs Big Show is a fresh match either, and you wouldn't have had to have Undertaker and Kane win their feud two weeks before the PPV. And being their pal for the night probably means Roman Reigns gets cheered by a wanker crowd as Raw finishes.

I've found there are now three kinds of segment I fast-forward on Raw:

1) Matches.

2) Some of the self-congratulatory video packages.

3) Zeb and Del Rio promos.

It takes some doing to make Del Rio even more boring now than he was before he got sacked.

Edited by King Pitcos