The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Love the booking of Reigns at the moment. Lots of perfect little things, like him being the first one to get into the ring after Wyatts came out. Then first to climb on the apron and then first to get in the ring. Especially when Rollins & Ambrose held back a bit at that point. He looked ace.

Yeah, this. That segment was magic and those little touches were lovely. Reigns and The Shield angle is being handled tremendously thus far, easily the strongest aspect of the show right now. And if Reigns is being groomed for a big babyface spot, those little touches will go a long way. The crowd were eating up him leading the charge, he's come across there as loyal to his mates in times of war and full of courage and aggression. Loved Rollins and Ambrose only stepping in once Bray stepped back out. Note perfect. I love Reigns so hard, he can easily become the man that every man watching wants to be and WWE haven't really had that in someone for a while.

Loving the feud between the Wyatts and The Shield, really simple but really exciting. That Wyatt six man was awesome this week and that Sister Abigail finish on Rey was lovely. Do wish this was leading in to a match at WrestleMania rather than Elimination Chamber though.

I mentioned it in another thread and hope it's leading this way, this show pointed in that direction - that Batista is the man Trips really wants to be face of WWE and Batista plays less babyface to the crowd leading into 'Mania and Orton loses the plot more and more. And somehow Bryan gets inserted in to the main event as a triple threat or straight up wins the chamber for a one on one match. I can see Kane costing Bryan at the Chamber though and then the next night on Raw, a new babyface authority figure is introduced (after Steph and Trips have been reviewed) and makes Kane vs Bryan with Bryan entering the WWE World title match if he wins.

On the Cena removing himself from the rest of the lads all the time, he may have his own room but he trains with the other guys all the time. He regularly hits a gym in whtever area they're in with Cesaro, Rollins and even the big Bulgarian from NXT who was in the Rumble.

Doesn't Kofi do a shit version of the superman punch?

Kind of. Kofi does something they call a superman punch (or they might have stopped naming it at all now, but they used to call it a superman punch), but his version looks more like a jumping clothesline.

A dark match and a tryout match are totally different things

No they're not. They can be, but they are by no means mutually exclusive. The Nasty Boys had a dark match with Dave Taylor and Drew McIntyre a few years ago, for example, and that was a tryout.

Doesn't Kofi do a shit version of the superman punch?

Kind of. Kofi does something they call a superman punch (or they might have stopped naming it at all now, but they used to call it a superman punch), but his version looks more like a jumping clothesline.

A dark match and a tryout match are totally different things

No they're not. They can be, but they are by no means mutually exclusive. The Nasty Boys had a dark match with Dave Taylor and Drew McIntyre a few years ago, for example, and that was a tryout.

Legendary match, for the reason I understand the Nasty's were well over with the home crowd (Tampa), and they went and spoiled it all by knocking feck out of McIntyre. I dunno if they tried it on with Taylor, I bet he wouldn't take any of their crap.

• Paid Members
I dunno if they tried it on with Taylor, I bet he wouldn't take any of their crap.

They did. That's just how they work. Taylor's not a bitch about it, though. I bet he's had far worse. And he's pals with them. He said as much on his shoot interview.

The reason I always heard why they never got hired was less to do with how stiff they were on Taylor and McIntyre and more to do with the fact their instincts when it came to playing to the camera were absolutely shot and they were playing to the nostalgia pops to much. They were there for a tryout but were acting like they were there to sell those spunk covered sunglasses at the gimmick table.

I'd have signed them. London and Kendrick vs The Nasties would have been amazing even in 2007. Just the dynamic of it makes me want to see it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

God, I love Dave Taylor's shoot.

I feel like Ive been ragged, shagged and tagged.

I ent sacrificing fook all, sorry.

I'm guessing the latter comment was JR or Johnny Ace talking about you get out what you put in, gotta put the company first, etc, and Dave was less than amused!

• Paid Members

Fucking hell Roman Reigns is cool. The way he hulked up before jumping the barrier to walk towards the ring and then posed when he stepped through the ropes. What a man. If WWE fuck up his push by making him a smiley nice jokey guy then I will cry. He has the look, the talent, the charisma and from all accounts he's knee deep in pussy on the road too. He's got it all. I hope Jim Johnston is currently hard at work coming up with a sick entrance theme for his singles run.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I have to get in on this Roman Reigns circle jerk, he was fucking awesome again this week. Like a few people have mentioned, the little touches are just brilliant. They aren't necessarily subtle, because everyone's talking about him and the fans are starting to cheer his actions, but it's great storytelling nonetheless. They are handling his push so well so far.

Bray Wyatt's equally brilliant though. I can't get enough of his promos at the moment. It's great that the Wyatts vs Shield feud seems red hot despite them both being heel groups. Fans aren't really backing one over the other, they just want to see them try to fuck each other up.

• Paid Members
I really wish they'd tell Batista to stop using the spear, granted he used it long before Reigns, but his version looks utter shit in comparison and slightly undermines the impact of Reigns hitting it when you've seen Batista do it earlier in the show.

I dunno, I liked at the rumble when batista hit his rubbish one then reigns hit his real one